cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an SSL Certificate with my companies CA Certificate? (J2EE 7.2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When creating an SSL private key and certificate request from the NWA of a 7.2 J2EE server, it creates the key and certificate with an issuer name of the server. I need the issuer name to be the level 3 CA of my company.

Is there documentation to explain how I can do this?

Thanks.

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While creating the new certificate omit the key pair for signing, the issuer will be identical to the subject. You can then create a CSR for the new certificate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice. I have done this, but I need the issuer to be the the CA level 3, not the same as the subject.

I tried getting the certificate signed by the CA when the issuer and the subject were the same (I had omitted the key pair), but the signed certificate came back with the issuer name of myserver.mydomain.com. Because the issuer name wasn't that of the CA, my PC doesn't trust it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the problem is with your signing party then. Regardless of what is included in the CSR the certificate response will contain the issuer of the signing party. The issuer in the CSR is used only to identify the requester. Only the subject of the CSR will be in the resulting certificate.