Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with Persona

sourabhchordiya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are trying to understand the usage of SAP Personas and have installed the ABAP Add-ONs and performed the configuration of RESTGUI services. The URL works fine , however can somebody guide on how to launch Persona GUI in browser now ? I have tried launching the below URL but it shows blank screen

http://<hostname>:<port>/sap/persos_app?sap-client=000

Can somebody guide what further configuration is required for this ?

Regards,

Sourabh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JAKOB,

i had a same kind of issues

i am able to get Login screen but its not moved further steps ..

i have provided correct credentials .

This issue in IE8 browser.

Guys can you suggest me what will be the Problem .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am experiencing the same exact issue including the SilverLight error.  Where you able to resolve it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

What kind of error is it. Is it about uploading the images or a more general error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am receiving the "You are not allowed to access this system.  If this is not correct, please contact your system administrator."   We just installed Personas on our AIX 6.1\Oracle 11.2.0.3 system utilizing the 7.21EXT SP130 Kernel with NetWeaver 7.02 SP13 stack.  We are experiencing the same issue whether we are on IE, FireFox & Chrome browsers.  In conjunction, we have the most up-to-date XAP file.  Using the debug, SilverLight seems to be throwing an error:

19/8/2013 11:35:06,917

ERROR

Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Base.Controller.RenderingController->Connect

- [Arg_KeyNotFound]

Arguments:

Debugging resource strings are unavailable.

Often the key and arguments

provide sufficient information to diagnose the

problem. See

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?

linkid=106663&Version=5.1.20513.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=Arg_KeyNotFound

Former Member
0 Kudos

For me, the admin_ui works fine.  My user has been assigned correctly to the corresponding system with "FULL_EDIT_ACCESS."  My user has also been assigned a group but that group does not have any flavors attached to it as I cannot login to the Personas application.  In conjunction, my user has been assigned /PERSOS/ADMIN_ROLE and this role has been fully generated. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know i posted this earlier, but please check these settings.

There are a few steps you have to do before screen personas works

first of all have your basis guys done the necessary parameters

Did you activate the following services in SICF

/sap/persos_app

/sap/bc/bsp/persos/mainapp

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/system

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/public/bc

/sap/public/bsp/sap/public/bc

/sap/public/bsp/sap/system

/sap/public/bsp/sap/htmlb

/sap/public/bc

/sap/public/bc/ur

Did you change the restgui to CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS_BASIC

Did you setup roles in your client for accessing screen personas

Did you setup the system in the IMG

Server.Url    url to your system

Service.Uri    /restgui

In the transaction /PERSOS/ADMIN_UI did you assign your user to the system and do you have the authorization objects

/PERSOS/AD ACTVT 01, 02, 03

/PERSOS/AD /PERSOS/OB /PERSOS/ADMIN_UI

Hope this helps as a check list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

Have a look through this thread, that might help

scn.sap.com/message/14167537#14167537

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help!  You pointed me in the right direction.  It seems I did not have the Personas systems configured properly as miss-interprested the config guide.  Anyway, the configuration should look like this (Maybe they could include this picture in an upcoming config guide )

sourabhchordiya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please help with the below step mentioned in Configuration guide page 12 . I am able to test restgui service successfully , however I am unable to determine session ID as mentioned in document , could this be the reason for the error with BadDateTime ? Can you please tell me how I can get the session ID and get through this step ?

1. Point your browser to the (actual URL for restgui service) followed by

/newsession?sap-client=<client id>.

2. Copy the session ID returned by the system.

Regards,

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

Find the Restgui in SICF and test the service, there you have the URL. Now put /newsession?sapclient=<client id> on the address and that should give you a session ID.

sourabhchordiya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob ,

When I test the RESTGUI it opens the below URL :

http://<hostname>.domain.com:8000/sap/restgui?sap-client=000

Now ,when I append the URL with /newsession>sapclient=000 , again it opens the same SAP GUI for HTML and there is no session ID that I can see. I have also tried URL by removing ?sap-client=000 from above but result is same . Also , I am able to obtain a session-ID when I test the service below :

http://<hostname>.domain.com:8000/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMA==)/bc/bsp/pers/test_api/default.htm

Is there something wrong with RESTGUI service ? But still I am able to open and browse through Web GUI without any issues . I have below settings in RESTGUI.Can you confirm if they are correct ?

Regards,

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I access the rest gui and get the session ID with the url

http://hostname:port/sap/restgui/newsession?sapclient=xxx

In the restgui i have another service parameter ~RESTGUI    1

Try and see if that helps.

sourabhchordiya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

When I added ~RESTGUI parameter it stopped working and gave 400 BAD REQUEST error for RESTGUI in browser . Also , as per the config document for Persona 2.0 page 11 , all other parameters should be removed except XSRFCHECK and WEBGUI , below is the point mentioned in document :

":3. Remove all other parameters"

Can we try something else out while we still wait for SAP's response .Also ,can you let me know which version you are using for Persona ?

Regards,

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

We got it working with SP01 and then upgraded to Sp02 this week.

I've quickly tested the application and there were no issues after the upgrade.

I still have that parameter in my restgui.

Unfortunately i don't really know how to help any further. I had some trouble setting it up, but that was because i mistyped the parameters under the system settings in the IMG. After that it worked fine.

Just to make sure, you have kernel 7.21 right? Maybe try upgrading that to patch level 126 might do the trick.

sourabhchordiya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

Upgraded the kernel to 721 EXT PL 131 but issue is still the same . I assume there are no restrictions with EXT version of kernel being used ?

Regards,

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope thats not a problem, thats what we use as well.

Try posting this thread in the SAP GUI forum. I managed to get Tobias Queck's attention and he was really good helping me out.

sourabhchordiya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob ,

Finally something good to post. You were correct with the parameter ~RESTGUI to be used for RESTGUI web-service , however it was missed out in SP02 guide , I followed the SP01 guide and was able to successfully launch the SAP system from Persona. Many thanks for all the valuable help.

I am now facing an issue with uploading the images in Persona ,any advises on it ? It just says Failed to upload image and no other errors.

Regards,

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

I have no issues uploading any images, so i don't really know how to help you.

So unfortunately i'm not able to help you on that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try both from the admin_ui and the personas application it self?

sourabhchordiya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob ,

I was able to upload images using backend , have raised with SAP the issue while uploading from Persona UI .

Regards,

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

You can find the link via the service in SICF

default_host --> SAP --> BC --> BSP --> Persos --> mainapp.

Right click this and press test service.

Thats your URL 🙂

sourabhchordiya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

Thanks very much for the response . I was able to figure out how to access Persona UI , however now I am struggling to connect to the SAP system configured . I am getting the error as below :

"You are not allowed to access this system . If this is not correct , please contact System Administrator"

Can you plese help to resolve this ?

Regards,

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are a few steps you have to do before screen personas works

first of all have your basis guys done the necessary parameters

Did you activate the following services in SICF

/sap/persos_app

/sap/bc/bsp/persos/mainapp

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/system

/sap/bc/bsp/sap/public/bc

/sap/public/bsp/sap/public/bc

/sap/public/bsp/sap/system

/sap/public/bsp/sap/htmlb

/sap/public/bc

/sap/public/bc/ur

Did you change the restgui to CL_HTTP_EXT_ITS_BASIC

Did you setup roles in your client for accessing screen personas

Did you setup the system in the IMG

Server.Url    url to your system

Service.Uri    /restgui

In the transaction /PERSOS/ADMIN_UI did you assign your user to the system and do you have the authorization objects

/PERSOS/AD ACTVT 01, 02, 03

/PERSOS/AD /PERSOS/OB /PERSOS/ADMIN_UI

Hope this helps as a check list.

sourabhchordiya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Jakob ,

I have checked all the things mentioned above . But still no luck ...Can you please confirm what exactly need to be maintain as server.url it should be http://<host>:<port> or we need to add any suffix ?

Also what should be maintained in "Connector to SAP System " ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sourabh

sourabhchordiya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

Some more useful information to troubleshoot from chrome's developer tools . The error it shows is as below :
"15/8/2013 06:29:42,881 ERROR Sap.Imagineering.Personas.Base.Controller.RenderingController->Connect - [Format_BadDateTime] Arguments: Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm if you are still on SP01 then try to apply note 1890693

Or upgrade to Sp02 which has just been released

sourabhchordiya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

Thanks for assisting further but we have installed SP02 . I have also raised an OSS with SAP as it seems to be an issue with SP02 code written for handling system dates in silverlight .Please suggest if we can try any other steps meanwhile

Regards,

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm then i don't have any good suggestions. We have just applied SP02 to our demo system and that works fine.

Did you install SP02 straight away or did it work on SP01?

sourabhchordiya
Explorer
0 Kudos

We installed SP02 directly. I guess its worth trying SP01 on some other system and check if that works as expected in that case . Will keep posted on progress and issues

sourabhchordiya
Explorer
0 Kudos

We installed SP02 directly. I guess its worth trying SP01 on some other system and check if that works as expected in that case . Will keep posted on progress and issues