cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having  2 system landscape (Development and Quality Servers) in that STMS is working fine.

Now the issue we have installed Production system now ,I have included Production system into existing 2 landscape system  distributed and activated configuration .Production system added in t transport routes as a delivery system.

Consistency check and transport directory & Transport tolls test are successful.

Now the issue is already imported requests in to quality server are not showing in to Production server queue.

I have tested to create one Test request through se01 and released and imported in to Quality server the fresh request is showing in the Production server queue.

But earlier imported in to Quality server TR are not showing in Production server queue.

Please suggest and guide me how to achieve the earlier imported request in to Quality in to Production server queue.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i would support manas behra's suggestion since it is the standard method recommended by SAP.

But to do so, you need to perform the following actions.

Enter your dev system. call Transaction STMS

click OVERVIEW>>SYSTEMS>> double click DEV >>CHANGE

click tab TRANSPORT TOOL and now add

parameter =  CTC

value         =  1

save and distrubute

repeat the same for quality and prod.

then the screen of transaction STMS_IMPORT  should appear something like below.(a new button appears)

now go to stms_import in quality and select all requests which you think they must appear in prod        >> click on above highlightened button.

target system = prod .

task complete.(you can now delete the parameter *optional)

Regards,

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nag,

Thanks for your reply,

But little bit confusion (you can now delete the parameter *optional)

Which one we need to delete after completing the activity

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I mean once your task is complete.. you can delete the parameter which you have created earlier i.e.

CTC =1

and it is purely optional. (i mean it is your call)

Regards.

Nag.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Easier and simple way is copy the cofiles and datafiles from Dev or Qa server and place it in Prd server at OS level then you have to add the buffer manually and import the request this will fix your problem

Thanks

Asim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asim,

I believe that the transport directory is shared across DEV , QAS and PRD system.

Problem here is that the requests are not there in PRD buffer.   

Adding the buffer manually for hundreds of request is not feasible.

Better way is to:

1.Forward the requests to Production system.

2.Copy the QAS buffer and rename it to PRD buffer.

Thanks and Regards,

Kunal Gahlot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Easier method is to copy your quality system buffer located in /usr/sap/trans/buffer like for ex

Quality is QAS and production is PRD then make a copy of QAS and PRD

delete PRD and rename copy of QAS to PRD.

Thanks and Regards,

Kunal Gahlot

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In Quality System , go to STMS_IMPORT and select all TRs which you want in Production buffer queue and Request --> Forward -->System 

Select System and Client for production and it will place in production buffer . Hope this helps .

For more inormation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_wp/helpdata/en/44/b4a3df7acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/content.htm

Thanks

Manas Behra

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is perfectly normal behavior.  Transports are moved into the buffer for the next system at the time of import.  Since your production system wasn't configured before, that didn't happen.  Next time, set up production as a virtual system until it actually exists.

To fix your problem now, just go to the import history in QA (Goto --> Import History on the import screen).  Make sure to adjust the from date to catch all imports.  There you can select all transports and forward them to the production buffer via Request --> Forward --> System.