cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Mirroring on MS SQL 2012 with OS 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We are going to build DR setup with Database as MS SQL 2012 and Operating system as Windows 2008.As a prerequisite and to be on safer side

we are going to perform the same on Quality system first.But our quality system is on MSsql 2005 and os as 2003.

My question can we build DB mirroring system with MSSQL 2005 and OS 2003 are both needs to upgraded to MSSQL 2012 and Windows 2008 as our

Production is of same configuration.

Please help me out to resolve the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Nayeem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a set up of mirroring with windows server 2003 and SQLServer 2005 enterprise edition. No issues with that and set up and configuration process is almost same for SQL Server 2012. (I have done that too with exactly the same configuration as mentioned). I used high performance option for the DR with manual failover.

Having said that, it is still highly advisable to have your qc and production on the same version of OS and database software.

Second thing to note is that mirroring is deprecated in sql server 2012 but looking at Microsoft sql server lifecycle it will still get support for next 8-10 years. Please take at look at the initial note in the below document.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189852.aspx

warm regards,

sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos