Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Tax data

former_member209032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am a BW Consultant and i need to know where (table) i can find the different material tax class assigned to a particular material of a particular sales org. The table MLAN has material Tax data country wise, but how to link it to the sales org view of material. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Raghavendra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it should be mix of both MARA and MVKE tables with whoch you have to relate.

Regards

former_member209032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. MVKE has sales org data but how do i find the country from which it is shipped and the tax class associated with that material for that sales org

oiver_beie
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

you need to lookup the plants which are assigned to the sales org in MVKE (TVKWZ).

Multiple plants from different countries can be assigned to a sales org, there is not 1:1 relationship between a sales org and a shipping country. That is why MLAN has not the sales area but the country in the key.

Best regards,

Oliver

former_member209032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In My case a particular material of a sales org is assigned to a single plant and that plant has only one shipping point, but i find two different shipping countries and tax class for those countries. So if it depends on plant then there should be only one tax code . So how there are two shipping countries?

Regards,

Raghavendra.

oiver_beie
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

have you checked if this material is created also in another sales area (MVKE) which is assigend to a plant in another country?

That would be the only reason I could think of why there is more than one entry.

Best regards,

Oliver

former_member209032
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i could find n my system is a sales org is in country X, the company code associated with sales org is in country Y and the plant Associated with sales org is in country Z and i see the tax class data for country Y and Z in sales org data. Is this how it will work?

Regards,

Raghavendra.

oiver_beie
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in this case the material seems to be created also in another plant in country Y which is assigned to another sales org.

Basically, the only interesting thing is the plant country. You should find entries in MLAN for all countries for which a plant record for the material is created and which is assigned to any sales org.

The sales org country and the company code country is not relevant for this.

What do you want to explore? If it is master data and you start with the sales org than you get into trouble if more than one plant with different countries is assigned to this sales org. If you want to analyze transactional data than you could pick up the plant and its country and read MLAN. But based on transactional data you should pick up the tax indicator from the i.e. sales order item directly as it might be changed there manually.

Best regards,

Oliver