cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Advance without travel request , is it possible ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am doing one small roll out.

My client would like to use Cash advances in SAP Travel management –

But is it possible to set up this process (cash advance) without travel request?

because we don't have travel request in Scope.

Please help

Thanks

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as the name says, cash advance is a pre-trip process. So it will not be the right way to do it with a post-trip transaction like PR05.

Add a pre-trip scenario to have it properly covered.

PR05 is not using travel request trip scheme PL but expense scheme 01 or your individual one. Expense scheme will not be selected for posting before trip date has passed. So with PR05, you will not be able to run pre-trip payment of advance in standard.

But what's the issue to set up e-.g. ESS FITE_REQUEST? It's onlky some fields, and you can make it work, including advance, in a few hours. Pls think of that option - everything else will create far more workload.

rgds, Michael

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

agreeing with Michael. If you misuse PR05 for the creation of the trip data, the process will be crippled, since 1. you will have to tweak the selection of the posting run and 2. you would get an output with status 3-2 after issuing the advances, which would be nonsense.

Using the WDA Application FITE_REQUEST would be the easiest way indeed, you could even have it be accessed over the travel assistant to allow for a central maintenance (in case the employees are not supposed to create the dummy-requests themselves). As an alternative to the WDAs you could still try using the available BAPIs to create a data foundation for the advances.

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

In Normal scenario its with Travel request that a credit goes to employee vendor for cash or wired advances. Do you want to pay advances via Expense report? if yes, as its a trip based approach how would that advance be settled against expenses claimed for same trip? Do you allow changing of trips after transferred to FI?

anyways you can play with the advance wage types MJ90 MJ95 and modify during posting process to send credit to vendor instead of debit.

And also u can also check config of Define posting and oayment of trip advances under dialog and travel expense control.

Let me know finally what you are doing if i can help

Thanks

Alok