cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Trip Number Column visible in Traveler Work Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

By default in the Traveler Work Center the Trip Number Column is not visible in the different tabs (All my Trips, All my Travel Request, All my Expense Report tabs).

Is there a way we can control to make the Trip Number Column visible in the different tabs through SPRO Config.

I know there are the following two ways of doing it:

1) Through Personalization by using Right Click->User Settings on the ALV table in the tab and making Trip Number column visible.

However this will make it visible only for the user doing it and not for all users.

2) Through Enhancement as suggested in this blog by doing code changes in the Feeder Class Method

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/travel-management/blog/2012/08/29/display-trip-number-in-the-powl-q...

Please let me know if there is a more efficient way of achieving this through IMG Config.

Regards

Sundeep Sethi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep,

I am pretty sure that you can do this WITHOUT enhancements etc.

If you go to the the customising client and enter transaction POWL_QUERY and then double click on query ID's (individually) FITV_POWL_TRIPS, FITV_POWL_TRIPS_EXP and FITV_POWL_TRIPS_TR and then follow these steps:

1. Click on layout variant

2. Browser will start and then you will be in miantain layout for query FITV_**

3. Right click on the column header and select settings for current configuration

4. Select trip Number and add to displayed columns (change the sequence if neccesary)

5. Save and close

6. Add to your transport and rest you know what to do

Hopefully this should change the layout for all users.

Hope this helps

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for your response.

However when I launch the Layout Variant, the Trip Number is already visible there and is not in the hidden columns.

However in Traveller Work Center the trip number is not visible in any of the tabs--All My Trips, Travel Request and Expense Report.

What do you think is missing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundeep,

The only thing that I can think of is that you or someone else might have hidden the Trip column for your specific test user by user personalisation (settings). To correct this for your test user go to any tab where you can't see the trip no. and then right click on the first column, select User Settings. You should see then see the Trip Column is under Hidden columns in the user settings window. Add this to displayed columns and save. However this only applies if it is only happening for handful of users and not for everyone in the organisation. If it is for everyone in your organisation then my initial response to set a global layout variant stands.

Hope this helps

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ankur,

Thanks for your response.

The method suggested by you did solve the issue.

It can also be solved by launching the application configuration (FITV_POWL_TRIPS) in Administration Mode->Right Click and choose Settings for Current Configuration and adding Trip Number to the set of visible columns.

Quite similar to the way you proposed but doing it by launching the configuration in admin mode and making the changes.

Many Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Sundeep

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It can also be solved by launching the application configuration (FITV_POWL_TRIPS) in Administration Mode->Right Click and choose Settings for Current Configuration and adding Trip Number to the set of visible columns.

Be careful with this approach . The one that Ankur suggested is the clean and correct way to manipulate the layout in Customizing for POWL-Applications and I suggest you use that one. Administrative Personalization aka implicit personalization can cause problems, especially when transporting stuff, because the POWL-Architecture itself is using the personalization framework to create its queries.

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After creating the desired columns in 'My trip and expenses' by using
T.code: POWL_QUERY >FITV_POWL_TRIPS_EXP transport got created which we
imported to Quality and Production.

But, after some time duration (2 months or 3 months) the view in the 'My trip and
expenses' gets reset to default SAP view and to fix this we re-migrate the
created transport which temporarily fixes the issue.

Can some-one let me know the permanent fix and cause of this behavior?

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi A B,

there have been some buggs lately (yet again) with the POWL Framework.

I don't know what system you are on at the moment, but the issue you describe has been solved for me by implementing these SAP-Notes:

If you want the full discussion where I struggled with the POWL-demon for a good laugh on a friday afternoon, here you go:

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for the reply , for view reset issue we found that our team in order to refresh the portal cache for specific user, used POWL_d01 which resulted in deletion of Query for all the users causing the view reset and the column order for all the users got disturbed.

We will be proceeding with ABAP code change from where the default standard view is taken.

Thanks,
AB