cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannt able to create delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

When i try to start the report RVV50R10A i get an error saying ' Selection Total goods mvt stat cannot be changed'

Can anyone please help

Kind Regards,

Umer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you post the error message number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen

Selection "Total gds mvt stat." cannot be changed

Message no. DB789

Diagnosis

You attempted to change or delete the selections for the selection criterion "Total gds mvt stat.", but this selection criterion is protected against changes.

System Response

Change rejected.

And my second questions is how to get help from SAP message numbers. Because everyone ask to provide the SAP message numbers...

Thanks for your reply and your help.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At least the second question I can answer you directly:

• The message number makes a message unique. T100 table has all SAP messages, my IDES system has 525756 messages for english language only. What do you think how often the same text is used with different message numbers?
  • it gives  feedback that you had seen the long text of the message. You wont believe how many people are surprised that SAP has a long text to many of their messages.
  • I can use this number and lookup which part is variable, e.g. I asked you for it because I could not find your message in T100. Now it is clear because the SAP message is Selection "&1" cannot be changed and  "Total gds mvt stat" is just a variable
  • I can use the message number and can enter the number in SE91 and click where-used icon to get the programs and read a few lines of code to see what fields are checked when the message is issued
  • I can use the message number to search for OSS notes in SAP Marketplace
  • An Abaper can use  the message number to set a breakpoint to analyse the program in detail

And since I had not found anything really helpful in above points I can ask you if your RVV50R10A had worked before or if your issue is just new, or if it had never worked for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jörgen but as a beginner its really helpful inforamtion! I have degugged and found the correct place. But still confuse.