cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyDMS - explorer.exe crash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We experience crashes of the explorer.exe process during navigation in EasyDMS. Windows Explorer wants to restart because "Windows Explorer has stopped working".

The crashes occur especially when navigating by expanding a folder in the folder tree view (left panel of Windows Explorer). This issue seems to appear when expanding a folder with many sub folders.

Recently we upgraded all or PC's from Windows XP to Windows 7. In Windows XP we did NOT experience these crashes.

Does anyone experience the same or similar issue?

Does anyone have some good idea of how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Hardy Johansson.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hardy,

Could you try to re-install the EasyDMS software and check the results. It could be a reason that during OS upgrade registry entries might have got modified or corrupted.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Sorry but re-installing EasyDMS is not helping. This was the first thing we tested of course.

(After all computers was deployed with new image with new OS, EasyDMS was installed. So even from the beginning there could not have been modified or corrupted registry entries.)

Regards,

Hardy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope you have tried installing latest version of EasyDMS from SAP Service Market Place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshit,

Yes, of course I have tested with latest version from SAP Service Market.

I have also tested with earlier versions. I'm able to reproduce the issue in any SP/patch of EasyDMS 7.1, but only in Windows 7. In Windows XP I'm not able to reproduce the issue.

Regards,

Hardy Johansson