Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syntax error in SUP generated files from MBO's in Workspace

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As we all know that once we create a project by developing MBO in SUP workspace we then generate the respective native code as per target OS.In my case it is IOS and so i did the same and imported the native files in my project but when I try to build then it actually show error in project files which are generated by SUP and which are imported in my project.I am using xcode 4.2 and deployment target is IOS 5,SUP version is 2.2 and also when previously before upgrading to SUP 2.2 we were having 2.1.2 and then the apps were live and working but after updating to SUP 2.2 it isn't working and as am new to SUP,I am not able to figure out where is the problem.Just a blank guess is it xcode version am working on as its is very old or something else and i am attaching the screen shot for the same.

Regards,

Fenil Doshi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Actually I solved the problem on my own I thought if anyone else faces the problem in future then it would be helpful for them.The cause was the xcode version I was using as it was old i.e 4.2 and so the error was coming now i have updated Xcode to 4.6.3 and the problem is resolved.This means the platform generated files also depends on the xcode version the developer uses.

Regards,

Fenil Doshi.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

fenil doshi

good to know this.

Thanks for update.

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have noticed that you are trying to migrate application from version 2.1.2 to 2.2. The steps you need to perform while upgrading from a version earlier from 2.1.3 includes device code changes which includes additional adding of libraries.

Which are the steps you followed while you migrated the application to 2.2 ? Have you added the new libraries required ?

Please see the following information,

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc00835.0213/doc/html/aro13...

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc00835.0213/doc/html/aro13...

- Midhun VP

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ios objective API are available at mentioned path

UP_HOME\MobileSDK22\ObjectAPI\iOS

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Ya actually i did imported them in my project from that folder you mentioned.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Strange

To be on safe side, I am sure you would have deployed  mbos to new sup 2.2 after upgrading.

If not please do it

Generate native code for ios

Close sup workspace

Copy generated code

Try now

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

actually i did also deployed it again on SUP2.2 as well.

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Actually the error is coming in the MBO which I created from BAPI in the workspace not the libraries imported from the platform.The MBO created by me not the libraries which are imported from platform.

Regards,

Fenil Doshi.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fenil,

can you please once again share the error?

m not able to open the attached error snapshot

Rgrds,

Jitendra

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the MBO native IOS file which has error.

Regards,

Fenil Doshi.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

i didnt understand when you say error is coming in the mbo created using bapi?

have you deployed mbo successfully?

if yes then how come error in mbo?

from the snapshot, i feel there is something wrong with word SUCCESS.

Rgrds,

Jitendra

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi jitendra,

After generating code in workspace I imported them in my xcode project and there when I try to build with all the native files imported and libraries files as well there it shows and error in the generated code file.

Regards,

Fenil Doshi.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fenil,

what i am observing is that SUCCESS word is appearing in some other color (as compared to surrogateKey).

two things you can check:

1. press command and click on SUCCESS word and see where it takes you

2. replace SUCCESS with some other name and check whether you get the same error.

Rgrds,

Jitendra

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi jitendra,

If I do that than i am trying to change the files which are generated by SUP and also I dont have any idea where it is reflected I mean in how many files it is used as it is directly imported from generated native code from SUP and that is not an good idea to change the files generated by SUP.

Regards,

Fenil Doshi.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fenil,

i understand it.

do you have any key word SUCCESS in mbos?

you are not explicitly declaring SUCCESS in xcode? right

Rgrds,

Jitendra

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Fenil,

Since you are working on sup 2.2, did you import same ios object api files along with generated code like you would have done in case of earlier version.

Plz check that.

Regards,

Jitendra

fenil_doshi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Actually i did that as well and they are working well but the error is coming in the MBO files which are imported in the xcode project.

Regards,

Fenil Doshi.