cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stad & st03n ideal values to monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me know if any one can clarify my doubts on Business transaction analysis(STAD) & time profile(ST03N).

In STAD (Individual transaction analysis)

1.What should be the ideal response time in STAD.What should be the range for response time if taken.

2.Is unit of response time and DB time  here is milliseconds or microseconds in STAD ?

3.What is the ideal CPU time and what range they can be for any record in STAD ?

4.How much should be the request time for Direct read and Sequential read in STAD ?

5. How much should be the DB request time  in STAD and let me if any ideal time is there for DB request time?

6. Basically, what fields have  to be observed in the screen of Analysis of ABAP/4 database request explicitly used by applications in STAD ?

7. What should be the Average time/row for Total ABAP request, Direct read request & sequential read request in STAD ?

In ST03N(time profile)

What is the ideal CPU time (Total CPU time and Average CPU time) in ST03n ?

What is the ideal DB time (Total DB time and Average DB time)in ST03n ?

What is the ideal processing time (Total Processing time and Average Processing time) in ST03n ?

Please do not provide any general links !!!!

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should not focus too much on ideal values, as said dialog response times longer than 1000ms are considered bad, but there are always systems or transactions where 1s still is fast. This heavily depends on the nature of your system.

But if i am an end user i would rather like 500ms instead, faster is always better.

Besides ideal values you should rather monitor trends, like is my response time getting higher and higher over months. Or is the db time portion increasing over time.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

Let me if what could be the rough values or ideal range of values  for CPU time,DB time  and Processing time in STAD.

How can i come to conclusion if the work process is consuming too many CPU time or consuming too much DB time  ?

In the first scrren , the CPU time is 30ms and let me know if what is the threshold value or rough value that will tell me that the CPU time is consumed too much!!!!

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

The CPU will be consumed as it is needed - there are no clear rules here.  You are more likely to see problems in SM50 when a user tries, for example, to read too much data and is hogging a work process.  That may cause system performance.  Then it is a case of contacting the user to see what they were running and try and educate them to enter more selection criteria. 

If the DB time gets too high relative to the processing time, then you might need to check whether the database is having perfornance issues and potentially move around the data files onto different disks.

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

The first thing I am going to do is give you a general link as it breaks things down nicely! 

http://blog.sapadmin.co.in/?p=248

However, general response times should be around 1 second for Dialog WPs.

Direct Read is where an explicit row is selected whereas Sequential Read is where a number of rows need to be read to find the data in a sequential manner.

Regards,

Graham