cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tier Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Initially an agreement (through VA41) is created with the customer with a validity (usually 1 year) and this will not have any price or quantity details but just the material numbers. Customer submits the sales report once a month and this includes sales / returns. Based on the report, Sales / Return orders are created in SAP. The pricing in sales order needs to happen based on sales volume and scales will be maintained for the same like below.

Volume                           Price

1- 10000 Units                    $10
10001 - 20000 Units           $9
> 20001 Units                     $8

Let's say the customer has achieved the 9000 units in the first month and $10 price needs to be applied from pricing condition record.
Next month, let's say the customer meets 15000 units of sales volume and in that case the price of $9 needs to be applied and so on.
This can be mapped with scales in the pricing condition record and I am fine with that. But the issue is, let's assume that the customer's sales drops on the third month to 6000 units, then it should NOT take $10 price. System should wait for 3 months and then if the volume is still at 6000 units, then it should apply $10 for future orders.

I am thinking about creating a custom table to keep a track of the sales volume and apply the price.
Also, have an indicator (a check box) in this custom table when the sales volume drop and track it for 3 months with the time stamp.
Any other better ideas or inputs to optimize this design?

Thanks in advance.

Raghav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple of ways to achieve this and one way has already been suggested.  Other option would be as follows:-

Both (Volume and Created on) fields would be stored in VBRP table.  While generating billing document, with billing exit USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP (Module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZC), you can very well validate the above table and before saving, system should throw an error if it not meets the required target.  Of course, option should be there to change the price in condition tab of billing.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With out really fully going into your requirements [which is not really a proper way to address one ] one of the ideas is you can use is SIS - Sales Information System for this. Good old SIS which is now a days not being used by many people.

I think it has been a while for me on this topic, but I feel there might be some way to track this info without having to create the Z Table that you are thinking of. The Custom Table might be complicated with all the stuff you are thinking of.

I am not saying that SIS will give you the full information the way you are looking for but you will reach half way there. There are two major components for any IS[Information Structure].

• Standard Analysis
  • Flexible Analysis

You have to create / use Info Structures which have characteristics and key figures, assign updates rules, etc. to have this work. These are basic stuff. The Updates to these figures can be :

• Synchronous
  • Asynchronous

You could probably use this information to manipulate the prices as you want.

Do note that this will be a major activation of a standard feature, so would need a buy in from others. If it is already a Live System you should be aware of what impacts it has standard SAP Reports.

Coming back to your original idea, assuming that you are successful in using the Z Table route, you still need to have logic in pricing to be able to compare the different volumes during some time period and do what it has to do in actual pricing during the Order and Billing Transactions.

This is going to be the case for both scenarios - your Z Table or Standard SIS.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply and the details.

Of course, I thought about using the SIS initially but dropped the idea for the same reason that you have called out as this is a live system and may have impacts which we cannot imagine (minute details) right now. Also, I have a feeling that just the SIS activation may not fully help and we may have to implement some SAP notes as well to update the SIS. Correct me if I am wrong. Also, couple of Z tables will still be necessary.

Thanks,

Raghav