Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unidentified problem in SOAP->HTTP sync scenario

former_member560382
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have occasionally problems in some SOAP->HTTP sync scenarios in PI 7.1. From time to time I'm getting errors on the sender channel and I have also set up alerting and I'm getting alerts with following following error types

PLAINHTTP_ADAPTER.ATTRIBUTE_CLIENT and also XI_J2EE_ADAPTER_XI_H with error code GENERAL_ERROR..

These two alerts are related to the same message ID! (I am monitoring AE and IE as well using alerting)

I have really no explanation what is happening. To me it seems like when the message received in the Sender channel is sent to IE, this call fails. This would explain two alerts - from AE and from IE as well. But why would this happen if the system otherwise works ok?

We were monitoring also the network to the HTTP target, but the network admin says there was nothing sent out. This again convinces me like the problem might be within the message transfer between AE and IE.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

When you use sxi_monitor, what does it say for the PLAINHTTP_ADAPTER.ATTRIBUTE_CLIENT error?

Regards,

Mark

former_member560382
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

it says:

ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED

HTTP client code 400 reason ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION_FAILED

but I'm not sure if this is a connection to target HTTP or from AE to IE

Thanks,

Peter

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

It is from the IE, can you go to SMICM -> Display All (Shift + F5) and check the logs there?

Look for the timestamp where the connection failure happened. What does it say?

Regards,

Mark

former_member560382
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

it says Request connection to host <xxx.xxxxx>.com   failed.

So it seems that the system is sending a request out to the HTTP target, but can't establish a connection - either server down or a network issue. What do you think?

Thanks,

Peter

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Yes it may be the problem with the network connection or the server is down. it is not related to PI.

So please check with the third party.

Regards

Bhargava krishna

Answers (0)