cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass change of process orders based on GR time change in product

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Looking for suggestions to handle below situation in PP/DS.

Initially the GR time for my in-house product was some value - say 2 days.

I have a number of process orders, spanning across months and is created with some backward scheduling strategies.

At this stage, the GR time is changed, to 3 days.

I am looking for some methods (preferable standard solutions) for the mass change of these orders availability date based on this new GR time.

I dont want any other thing to change (my start date/time, mode etc), except for the availability date .

My plan is to use "SAP_PP_021 - New explosion" with retain mode/operation time in forward scheduling mode; but I would like to know about the pros and cons of using this.

Or if there is any better method to achieve this, plz suggest that.

Heavy rewards waiting for useful answers

Note : Handling resource is defined for the location.

Regards,

-Sreeram R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

we took a copy of SAP_PP_021 with out any scheduling params and wirh options retain mode and operation date  (pp21 has some scheduling params in it for infinite scheduling,  didnt want it cause trouble)It worked fine.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Go to the process order in the change mode and adopt the source of supply and save. Yuu can use BAPi or BDC for mass.

Also you can use the PPDS heuristics "SAP_PP_021" New explosion to explode the orders with Retain Operation Dates on New Explosion" indicator is set in the heuristic settings.

Test for just one SKU and check the results.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

Thanks for the response.

We are looking for a mass change option since we have a big number of orders to change; changing the individual orders in rrp3 wont work (users are always lazy)  .

As given in the initial post, we have found SAP_PP_021 to be useful and the plan is to run variable heuristics in RRP3 for this with retain operations date and mode; in forward scheduling mode.

Idea is that i only want the availability date of these orders changed based on GR time changes, and nothing else (not the starting date/mode etc).

We tested it and it seems to be ok, but we are going to propose this to the users to use in production.

Thought of getting some expert advice before doing so, and to check if there are any better solutions to this (other than custom developments).

-Sreeram R

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please go ahead with SAP_PP_021 that is better option in standard SAP.

All the best.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar