cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1 SP08: SMSY-LMDB sync

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone.  I'm trying to populate SMSY with systems for a VAR scenario. I ran the reports to populate all the necessary tables, including the Ibase. All populated successfully. My problem is that the systems are not showing on SMSY so I can generate my RFCs for EWA. My assumpion was that if I can pull the customer's systems from OSS, SMSY will be populated as well, and then from there on I should be able to sync that into LMDB without registering them on the SLD (SMSY--->LMDB).   Is this correct or am I missing something?  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sibusiso,

While working on a VAR scenario you will able to populate SMSY from SAP marketplace, but remember that SMSY will be eliminate from solution manager on future SP; someone from SAP AGS tell me that this may will happens next to SP10 but is not still confirmed.

Now all SMSY management is done on LMDB, and for allow that you need to sync LMDB data from SLD, for that, on all of your customers that you can download from marketplace you need to register each one on central solution manager SLD, you can do hat with sld bridge that is the best option or on a temporally an single register from RZ70 to populate solution manager SLD to allow download each system data to LMDB.

On the solman_setp, you have a step on system preparation for migrate all SMSY information to LMDB, you will found that on next path:

solman_setup -> 5 Prepare Landscape -> Migrate Data to LMDB

That's the help from that point:

In this step, you migrate system landscape information that had to be defined manually in SMSY in earlier releases of SAP Solution Manager (below 7.1 SP04) and that cannot be provided by the System Landscape Directory (SLD) automatically. This applies to product system information and custom attributes, for example. Thereby, you can avoid new, manual creation in LMDB.

This step is irrelevant for new installations of SAP Solution Manager.

Activities

Under Manual Activities, you choose which aspects you want to migrate. Especially product system migration is strongly recommended.

In edit mode, proceed as follows to perform an activity manually:

1. From the Documentation column, open the documentation of the activity.
  2. To perform the activity, follow the instructions in the activity documentation.
  3. After you have performed the activity, select a status in the Execution column:
    • If the activity was performed successfully, select Performed.
    • If an error occurred in the activity, select Performed with Errors.
  For each activity that you perform, the system displays log messages in the Log screen area:

• To display a detailed description of a message, choose the link in the Details column.
  • To analyze an error with an analysis tool, choose the link in the URL column.
  • To check errors in the log of failed batch job executions, open Job Management (SM37) and enter the job name.

Migrate Information from SMSY to LMDB at http://help.sap.com/solutionmanager71-> Application Help -> [select a language] -> SAP Solution Manager Operations -> Managing System Landscape Information -> Setup the Landscape Management Infrastructure.

For a list of available documentation about system landscape management, see the SAP Community Network.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29495

About LMDB management and sync options you will find more information:

As a recommendation, i suggest you that forgot to create system on SMSY without update each one on LMDB, or you will find a lot of troubles on LMDB verification tool.

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lluis  First of all thank you very much for your help.   Based on your input it sounds like the best option in this case is going the SLD Bridge route cause I'm trying to avoid manual capturing as much as I can, and registering them one by one is quite a hustle as well. It's a lot of customers with a lot of installation so registering one by one may not be the best option.   I very much appreciate you help, it was really helpful.

former_member117942
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've a question regarding LMDB.

With previous release of SAP Solution Manager in SMSY_SETUP transaction was possible to create system with a key like business partner; with this key if there were identical SAP SID, system will be indentfied by key settled in table V_BP_SPC.

So for customer A and customer B with the same SAP ERP Developement SID (example DEV), they will be registered in SMSY as DEVxxx01 and DEVyyy01 where xxx and yyy should be the same customer business partner.

With the new SAP Solution Manager the report AI_SC_REFRESH_READ_ONLY_DATA does not generate system in SMSY; with RZ70 we have to set parameter of the sld of SAP Solution Manager and after this SAP System will be created in SLD, in LMDB and after this in SMSY.

For the first DEV that I connect SAP System is registered as DEV, the second DEV (of another customer will be registered as DEV00001; the next DEV system will be registered as DEV00002 and so on.

Someone knowns if it is possible to register SAP System with the same SID using SLD/LMDB with a particolar syntax?

Thanks.

Maurizio Manera

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Maurizio Manerafor us that is working currently, we are using LMDB with a lot of systems fron diferent customers with the same SID, and after SLD sync the system create prefix for that cases PRD0001, PRD0002, ... and we don't have any special setup for that, only the old setup from sms_setup:

Generate Systems from OSS = "A"

Regards,

Luis

former_member117942
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the SAP documentation the parameter in SMSY_SETUP --> Generate Systems from OSS (value A) means:

Value A: Systems are only generated if a three-digit alphanumeric ID was created for a customer in the V_BP_SPC maintenance view. This allows you to use the long system name to differentiate systems with different customer numbers. For example, the SOL system for the customer SAP is created as SOLSAP01.

but with LMDB SAP system with the same SID are generated with this syntax SID00nn where nn is a progressive number.

Although this parameter Generated Systems from OSS  and the three-digit alphanumeric ID have been setup, SAP system are created with syntax SID000n and not with syntax SID<ID fo V_BP_SPC>nn ; in previous SAP Solution Manager release it works fine.

Any idea of missing customizing or do you know if this functionality will not be supported ?

Thanks

Maurizio Manera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maurizio,

Did you find the solution to populate smsy?

Regards,

Felipe

Answers (0)