Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing transports from the STMS Import queue

daniel_piggott-genge
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to remove specific transports from the Import queue in STMS.

The queue has thousands of transports on it now and imports are taking forever to import.

Basically I want to remove everything up to the beginning of this year from the queue whether or not it's been imported.  So the delete imported transports option isn't what I need in this case.

I have looked at the TP commands and using the delfrombuffer command but for the transports I've tried to remove, all it says is "not found in buffer" which isn't very helpful.

Has anyone got any ideas what might be wrong or another way I could remove the transports without going through selecting them in STMS and deleting them that way as it takes forever!

Thank you,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

The first thing to say is that you probably want to review your transport procedures to keep the queue short in future. That said, I've ended up in a slightly less extreme version of the same problem and had to do a bulk delete. The simplest way is to use the "Select block" feature in STMS. Go to the queue in question, select the first request you want to delete and use "Edit->Select->Select block" or hit F6. Then scroll to the last one you want to delete and again select block or F6. That will select everything in between. Finally "Request->Delete" will get rid of them all.

You might find deleting so many in one go doesn't work so well. I'd be inclined to do them in smaller blocks - a few pages at a time, perhaps. Still much better than doing them individually.

Steve.

daniel_piggott-genge
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve.  I suspected that might be the case.  We do need to look at our transport procedures so we can hopefully avoid this kind of build up in the future.

Daniel

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

To avoid the queue growing up much, you can un-check the transport option "Leave Transport Request in Queue for later import", so that the transport request is not kept in the buffer after import i.e. the yellow triangle which says "Request is ready for import again"

It will rather show a green check sign, after import i.e. "Request already imported"

This way you can also purge the buffer to remove transport requests from queue by selecting Extras --> Delete Imported Requests. This will only remove the requests from buffer.

So even if you would like to re-import some request, add it back to the buffer and import fresh.

Regards,

Akshay

former_member183044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Steve,

If we delete like that, the whole data regarding to all respecitve #TP's will also be deleted from OS level?

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. This just removes them from the queue. You can add them back again later if you want, as the OS level data and control files are left intact. Nothing is lost.

Steve.

Answers (0)