cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Links in status update turn to plain text in the profile

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello and good morning (at least here it is^^).

I was wondering, why there is this great auto-texting for links (pasting the link and the url will turn into the name of the topic/idea etc) in the status update, when you can't see and click the link when hovering over a profile or jump directly to a user profile? There those nice links are shown as text.

Hover profile:

Normal profile:

The only place, anybody can see and use the actual link is in the activity stream.

Is this the wanted behaviour or is something wrong there? Because of the auto-texting the url isn't there anymore, so anybody interested in looking at the promoted link won't have a path to follow. They just see the text of the link.

Am I doing something wrong? Help?

Regards,

Steffi.

PS: IMO all of the status update in the profile should be visible, too. Now the text is cut at the end. Why can I make so much input, when nobody will be able to read the whole thing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In addition to the activity stream, you can click the "## minutes ago" and go to the status update. The way you observed it is the way it's supposed to work and the general idea is to take the viewer to a place where they can then engage with the status update: open shared links and then respond, like, share, or repost the status update.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ah! I was a bit confused where I'll find the "## minutes ago" you mean, because I was just noticing them in the activity stream, where you can see the links anyway. ^^

Now I got, what you mean. That one here:

Thank you for explaining, Jason!

Regards,

Steffi.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Answers (0)