cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installation of Netweaver 7.3 EHP1 Non Unicode system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to install NW 7.3 EHP1 Non Unicode system. I downloaded Non Unicode kernel files and installed , but after installation it is showing Unicode system as ‘YES’.

Is there anything wrong with the files I have selected? Can we install NW 7.31 Non Unicode? or there is only Unicode available?

Please suggest how to install NW 7.3 EHP1 Non unicode system.

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below note. Please check the PDF attached in the below node.

Note 73606 - Supported Languages and Code Pages

Unicode System

Every new installation of an SAP system is Unicode.You can only deselect this option if you perform the system copy for a non-Unicode SAP system that has been upgraded to the current release.If you install an additional application server instance in an existing non-Unicode system (that has been upgraded to the current release), the additional application server instance is installed automatically as a non-Unicode instance. The installer determines if a non-Unicode system exists and chooses the right executables for the system type.

Every new installation of an SAP system is Unicode. You can only use the non-Unicode kernel if you perform the system copy for a non-Unicode SAP system that has been upgraded to the current release.

All the above lines have been picked from Installation guide.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

check that note:

1896539 - Questions about compatibility and end of support to non-Unicode systems

All new systems have to be installed as Unicode systems.

Regards,

Serhat

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Have a look at this link:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28791

For new SAP software products and new releases of existing software products new installations will be possible only with Unicode.

Regards

RB