cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Planning Horizons for different material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client has a requirement for creating purchase requisitions based on different planning horizons for raw materials.

My forecast horizon is 1 year.

e.g

Raw material -1 = only 1 month Purchase reqs needs to be created, the rest 11 months should be planned orders.

Raw Materi - 2     = 3 months PR needs to be created and the rest 9 months shoudl be planned orders.

Raw Matwerial - 3 6 months PR needs ot be created and the rest 6 months shoudl be planned orders.

Can i map this in SNP ??

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Have you considered quota arrangements?  I think they will provide you with what you want.

Best Regards.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maclean,

Can you guide me on how to setup quota to achive the above results.

Thanks and REgards,

Rajan

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

We had similar requirement for our client.  Horizons and proc type did not help ..so what we did is- we allowed to create all as a planned orders basically and then used a standard program in R3 to convert those planned orders to Preqs based on varying requirement - diff horizon and diff mat type. Regards, Digambar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Digambar,

Can you share how you did this ?

I mean the proc type for RM should be X or F.

which is teh program used to convert planned order to PR ?

I know this cna be done through MRP group in ECC but unfortunately we dont have MRP group functionality in APO.

Your advice would be helpful.

Thanks iN Advance.

REgards,

Rajan

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

We used procurement type as X in APO which is custom of Fx(x=SPK) in R3. Standard program for conversion is : RMCVPLRQ which we modified a bit to consider no of Days instead of Opening date of standard and used some particular document type to the created PReq for product and plant combination based on Fx type which is used by business for subtracting process. This will surely adress your issue.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm not sure but maybe you can try like this?

1)Set the procurement type as 'X'.

2)Set the SNP production horizon = the horizon you need PR to be created.

(e.g. for raw material 1, set 1 month production horizon).

3)Set PPM/PDS with a higher priority than the transportation lane.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply but its not working.

Regards,

R

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Rajan,

Can you share your result what you able to get after putting  SNP production horizon ...

Because if you put SNP Production horizon system will never create any Planned order in this horizon.

Share your result, what you get after SNP run for entire planning horizon. Based on this may be we can guide you what extra steps needs to add to get the desired result...\

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashish,

I enterd SNP Production horizon as 1 month and set the PDS to Priority 1, i dont have any transportation Lane for the Raw Material.

When I entered the SNP Production horizon the system created PRs after the end of Horizon.

this did not solve my purpose as i needed PR to be created for the 1st month and rest all planned orders.

Regards,

Rajan