cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging WebDynpro Application( Java)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone help me to understand how to debug a webdynpro application in java.

To be more clear what are the steps right from starting the debugger to viewing the data in the variable.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Hemalata,

to debug an webdynpro application follow these steps:-

1.First put <b>breakpoints</b> in your code on the lines you wish to debug.(<b>double click</b> to put breakpoint).

2. First step would be to goto <b>Window Menu</b> -> <b>Preferences</b>

In <b>Preferences</b> setup the SAP J2EE with the appropriate <b>Host</b> and <b>Port</b>.

3. Goto <b>Window</b> -> <b>Show View</b> and select <b>J2EE Engine</b>.Make sure you <b>J2EE </b> engine is up and running.Also make sure that the debug mode for <b>SDM</b> and <b>SERVER0</b> variables is <b>ON</b>.You can check these paramters in the J2EE Engine TAB.

4.Now goto <b>Window</b> -> <b>Open perspective</b> -> <b>Other</b> and select <b>Debug</b>.The Debug screen should open.

5.Next goto <b>Run</b> ->Select <b>Debug</b> -> Select <b>Webdynpro Application</b> -> click on <b>New</b>.

6.Give the <b>Name</b> for your configuration.In the <b>Debug Tab</b> select your <i>Project</i> and <i>Application</i>. In the <b>J2EE Tab</b> select your <i>J2EE Engine</i>(should be selected by default).Click on <b>Apply</b> and then on <b>Debug</b>.

7.Your application should run automatically.In case it doesnt run it manually.Now once you trigger the event which contains the breakpoint given code the window should automatically shift from INTERNET EXPLORER to NETWEAVER.

8.Now <b>select any variable</b> you wish to see the value for , <b>right click</b> and select <b>Watch</b>.You should see the values in the top right window in Debug view.

9.Use <b>F6</b> for step by step debug, or <b>F5</b> for breakpoint to breakpoint debugging.

Reward points if this is of any help.

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos