cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas: Screen mash-up

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know if anyone has an idea or done anything something similar.

(1) For a given SAP Transaction, I want to group input elements from different screens into one single screen then save. For example, for VA01, I want to put order type, sales area data from first screen and Sold-to, Ship-to from second screen into one single screen and create sales order from here.

(2). On  a same screen I have multiple tabs. I want to copy few elements from different tabs and put them together into a single group. Problem i have here is, UI elements from that tab are displayed only when that particular tab is selected.

I appreciate your inputs. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

I haven't tried this yet, but I did come across this How-To guide that addresses at least point 2:

If you do a search in SCN for "personas how-to" you will see some other guides which I think will also help you.

Hth,
Simon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to turn on tab caching for the tab control in VA01. This makes Personas fetch the data from all tabs in one go, and you can then rearrange them into fewer tabs or even into a screen with no tabs at all and hide the tab control completely.

The video references above shows you how to do it.

Your first question is harder. There's no way to move the standard SAP fields in the way you want due to the structure of the standard transaction. What you will need to do is add custom fields on the first screen of VA01, for sold-to and ship-to, and add a script button that, when pressed, copies those values, presses "Enter" and then pastes the values into the correct fields on the second screen. Does that make sense? I can mock something up to show you, if that would help. Figuring it out for yourself is more educational, though .

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. i just did it.

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I tried doing the copy of custom feild from first screen & later pasting the same in the second screen. But i am not able to do that. I tried the same in reverse way(SU01) test given SCN  & i am able to do that. I got to admit that, i am not clever enough in handling this.Can you please give a mock on this please.

Kind Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you be a little more specific in what you are trying to achieve? That will help me provide a relevant example...

Steve.

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I have gone through one of your discussion. You have given the below,

"What you will need to do is add custom fields on the first screen of VA01, for sold-to and ship-to, and add a script button that, when pressed, copies those values, presses "Enter" and then pastes the values into the correct fields on the second screen. Does that make sense? I can mock

something up to show you, if that would help. Figuring it out for yourself is more educational, though

."

I am trying same in CJ01. I have custom fields in header screen & I am copying the values of this fields via script button to second screen that has standard fields to which it needs to be pasted. I am not able to get this. Whereas, in SCN there was demo video for SU01 that will copy the value from second screen(standard field) to first screen (custom field). This i am able to do. Can you please give a mock on this. It will help me great.

Thank you in advance

Kind Regards,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you're trying to achieve some thing like this? Here I put a custom "description" field on the first screen of CJ01 and use a "Create" script button to copy the value to the description field in the next screen:

This is not really any different from copy from a standard field to a custom one. The script is a simple three step script:

Just copy the custom field, navigate to the next screen (pressing enter does that in this case) and paste.

Does that help, or am I misunderstanding your problem?

Steve.

0 Kudos

Hi Setve,

Got it!!! thanks a lot

Kind Regards,

Kalyan