cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extracting data into excel sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am a guy who works in the support project. Sometimes my client comes and asks us to provide them a report of messages flown from particular sender, lets say A. It will be a easy task if they are 2-3 interfaces. But we have like 20 interfaces with the same sender. So it is a time taking for us to see the interfaces names and consolidate them in an excel sheet. This is not only for the sender component 'A' but also for the other interfaces.

Can any one please tell is there a process to directly extract the data into the excel sheet by connecting to the ABAP stack from excel sheet by just providing the name of the component and the period in which we need to extract the data.

I hope you guys have understood my problem.

Thanks,

Srinivas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member190624
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

You can make use of Web service AdapterMessageMonitoringVi . Consume this web service in your Java code and prepare your customized reports.

Regards

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

as Ambrish said, if you want to use the MONI like this, you must create variants on your sender and so on, but instead of saving the file I would choose the excel in place view (esencially the same) in order to validate and/or delete whatever you don't want to appear.

Cheers,

Edu

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

AFAIK, there is no direct extraction report available in PI for this purpose.

If you want to use Moni for this purpose, there is a simple process you can follow.

• create variants in sxi_monitor based based on selection criteria (senders, dates etc)
  • Execute the variant you need.
  • select all the rows and right click and choose Spreadsheet and save the file on your desktop.
  • count the rows and your report is ready.

If you want to use RWB, choose message monitoring -> Adapter engine -> Database overview and click on export. It will generate a CSV file. You will need to apply filters in this excel based on your sender.

For a custom solution, you can go through the link http://scn.sap.com/message/10005579#10005579

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Message was edited by: Ambrish Mishra