cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dbd_db2cli.dll (The specified module could not be found.)

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

While creating the new relation connection in IDT for DB2 UDB for iseries v5 with IBM DB2 client

I get the following error:

C:\Program Files(x86)\SAP Business Objects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\drivers\lib32\dbd_db2cli.dll (The specified module could not be found.)

The folder structure and the dll dbd_db2cli.dll is available there.

Thank you in advance for your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Also ensure you have the 32 bit client driver installed on your IDT machine, and the ODBC DSN defined.

also ensure that account which is running the SIA (default is 'system account') and therefore ConnectionServer has sufficient permissions .  Try using a  network domain  account/password

regards,

H

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi H

Thanks for your reply

Yes, I have restarted BO system after its installation. but on my local pc where IDT is installed.

I think need to install 32bit DB2  client.  (Because I have to connect to a data source system which is on server IBM iseries v5 with DB2 database)

Please advise...

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi H

Thanks for your reply

Yes, I have restarted BO system after its installation. but not my local pc where IDT is installed.

I think need to install 32bit DB2  client.  (Because I have to connect to a data source system which is on server IBM iseries v5 with DB2 database)

Please advise...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

In order to connect any application to the reporting database, you need to have middleware installed on the machine.

Therefore, please install middleware of DB2 UDB for iseries v5 on the machine and create DSN using it.

You can refer to supported platform guide related to your current version in order to check the supported middleware version for your database.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Yuvraj

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

I think middle ware drivers will get installed through IDT only as I can see the options as below while creating the relational connection

IBM->DB2 UDB for iseries v5->IBM DB2 client or ODBC drivers.

Please advise me If my assumption is not correct.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

not correct, you still need to instal the drivers locally (on both client and server) as provided by the db2 vendor.

you would then need to administer the ODBC datasource names (DSN) via the odbc administration tool, again on both client and server, for both 32 and 64 bit middleware.

regards,

H

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

1. Thanks for your feedback. I understood that we need to install drivers locally on my local PC where IDT is installed.

2. Could you please help me to find middle ware drivers related to the IBM DB2 client to install on my local pc ( windows 2007 64bit). IDT installed on my local pc.

3.I am confused with your wording client and server

you mean client= local pc where IDT is installed? and server=  BOBJ server?

Could you please clarify me...

In My case IDT installed on windows 2007 and BOBJ is installed on AIX 7.1

thanks

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henry

I have installed drivers locally and configured odbc.ini in AIX server.

I am able to create (.cnx/.cns ) in IDT and test connection successful.  But in respective Data foundation (.dfx) following error is coming while opening connection

"specified RDBMS is invalid:DB2 UDB for iSeries V5"

Please advise

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes, i've seen you've cross posted here http://scn.sap.com/thread/3423902 .

i will close this discussion.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I gather this might be a new installation (tracking your other post here http://scn.sap.com/thread/3406610)

Have you tried restarting the server post-installation?

Regards,

H