cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection server and service CS_CORBA_Network layer

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform 4.0 SP4 on default database (DB2) on server AIXv 7.1.

MS SQL server 2005

In IDT I did below steps to integrate sql server with BIP 4.0 sp4

1) Created a .cnx  connection

2) published connection to repository

3) then I have one .cns connection

4) Build a df on .cns connection

5) build a BL on DF

Note: all processes are in running status in CMC and I am able to see the connection in CMC

Below error is appearing in IDT while trying to access the database/its tables from data foundation layer in connection area.

Servers in CMS ...:6400 and cluster @....:6400 with kind connection server and service CS_CORBA_Network layer. All such servers could be down or disabled by administator(FWM 01014)

Please advise me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the full error text being shown ? the quoted piece above doesn't seem complete.

Thanks,

H

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Henry

thanks for reply. Above error is complete and I would like add one more point is

Its working well when I choose single source and I am able to see the data tables.

But above error is there when I choose multisource enabled.

Note: my connection method is using MS SQL server 2005 with OLEDB

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK. a Multisource worlflow would use the Data Federation adaptive processing server . make sure that is up and running 

for a single source workflow, the connection server uses the files at

under \dataAccess\connectionserver\drivers

for the multisource workflow, it will use the drivers under  \dataAccess\connectionServer\jdbc\drivers\datafederator

Not forgetting that in both cases the .SBO files will need to be modified.

Regards,

H

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

1.Data Federation adaptive processing server  is running fine.

2. respective jar files are available in below path

\dataAccess\connectionServer\jdbc\drivers\datafederator

Error still present while accessing multisource.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

have you installed the middleware (as discussed on your other thread) and defined the ODBC DSN for both 32 and 64 bit drivers?

also, i was talking about jdbc or odbc .  Looking again, your are trying to multisource using an OLEDB olap connection, which isn't supported. More info here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3307226

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

1. Another thread was for integration of application which is running on IBM i series.So I will treat this as a separate and I will continue my discussion there only to make sure not to mix up.

Coming back to this thread issue.

My requirement is creating relational connection, not OLAP connection through IDT.

2. File->new->relational connection

then provided resource name and description

then I have chosen database middle ware drivers in hierarchy list

Microsoft->MS SQL SERVER 2005->OLE DB providers

After completing all the next  steps issue is coming when multisource enabled but it works well for single source.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

does multisource work with ODBC or JDBC, rather than OLEDB ?

former_member631141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thanks for your reply.

I have tested for ODBC.

For ODBC also only single source is working well. But Multi source is not working and Below error is coming in IDT

[data direct][ODBC lib] system information file not found. Please check the ODBCINI environment variable.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

OK, that error text is searcheable on the wider internet, this isn't a BObj issue . This is middlware setup prob.

regards,

H