Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance Optimizer - ABAP+Java

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

i am currently trying to setup the Solman / Maintenance Optimzer (thanks to SAP!) And have a few question which i hope i do get some answers

1. The Solman gets its data from our central SLD.. and its working ;). I have seen that the Java-Systems (Standalone / Java-Stack of a Dual-Stack) just get added as system components. Do i need to create a system manually for standalone java systems and then assign it the respective system component?

2. How can i assign more than one system to a logical component? We have both ECC 5.0 and ECC 6.0 systems in our landscape and it seems the logical component e.g. SAP ECC can just hold one system at a time.

3. Whats the standard procedure "best practice" to get a ABAP+Java Stack system in one "solution" (transaction: solution_manager) at all?

cheers,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Regarding your questions:

1. Don´t create manually anything in the SLD, let the satellites to write in SLD according to Data Suppliers for the SAP System Landscape Directory abap and Java, this is enough.

2. Usually you have to define your own logical component, for example, Z_ECC50

and Z_ECC60 for the landscape of ECC 5.0 system and the same for the ECC 6.0 system, I mean you need a logical component for each chain you define in /NSTMS DEV->QUA->PRD ( all contains in logical compontent Z_ECC50).

3. I don´t get this question, if you have a system with the ABAPJava stack you must define in SMSY only one system with ABAPJava components..

Hope this helps,

Dolores

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dolores,

thank you very much for the answers.

1. No of course not. I do not create anything manually in the SLD. But when the SLD System reports its data to the SolMan, it does automatically generate systems, databases within the Solman. Every Java System from the SLD just gets added as System component in the Solman (SMSY). So my question is, do i have to create system manually now for the Java-Systems and attach them the System components (SMSY)?

2. thx

3. Ok, the ABAP+Java Stack system is a ERP system. The ABAP part of the dual stack gets automatically created as a system within SMSY via landscape fetch from the SLD. As the Java part of the dual stack gets only added as system component (the same system name!). I obviously have to assign somehow the Java Componentes to the ERP System. As i cant find any main instance for system ERP which does fit to a Java Server, where shall i attach the Java system componets to? Do i hvae create a new system just for the Java stack of the ERP system under Netweaver, Main Instance "Application Server Java"? If i do so, i have to define a new system name, as the SID is already used (Dual Stack!). Or shall i add the Java stack as "Extended Assignment of System Components to the Main Instance "SAP ECC Server" of the ERP System?

best regards,

Markus