Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password logon no longer possible - too many failed attempts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, i downloaded and install SAP NetWeaver 7.03 64-bit Trial to use and programming in ABAP. First sorry for my bad english. I have installed and tried to log in to the sap system.. I tried several tiems to join the system with the standard user DDIC and SAP and their password. It dont function. I get the message: "Password logon no longer possible - too many failed attempts" The BCUser dont function. I cant login in the system. Can anybode help please, I treid today the whole day, but it dont function. Thanks mates..

best regards...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member186775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Semit,

During installation were you prompted to enter any password? If yes, try to login with the same password. Also, in which client were the default users (SAP* or DDIC) got locked?

Atleast, try to login to other clients .. and check if the passwords work.

Try if any other logins like IDADMIN with password : ides may work.

Plz,let me know if this worked.

Mj

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you download it from SAP or did you buy it as an image on a CD?

The passwords are now set during the installation. You will have set it yourself (o who ever did ran the install).

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, i download it form sap as sap trial 64 bit system. I want to programming ABAP...nothin function. i tried many things...   can i deinstall and new install the trial version, is that possible?

former_member186775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Semit,

During installation were you prompted to enter any password? If yes, try to login with the same password. Also, in which client were the default users (SAP* or DDIC) got locked?

Atleast, try to login to other clients .. and check if the passwords work.

Try if any other logins like IDADMIN with password : ides may work.

Plz,let me know if this worked.

Mj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gorkan,

To reset password of user SAP* in ABAP stack on client 000, use this strategy:

We need to delete user ID SAP* in Client '000' at SQL level

For MS-SQL, you will use the SQL Management Studio and run a Query.

Use the following SQL:

Delete from <Schema>.USR02 where MANDT='000' and BNAME='SAP*'

commit;

For DB2:

logon as db2<adm>

db2 "select bname ,mandt from <schema>.usr02 where bname='SAP*'";

db2 "update <schema>.usr02 set bname="SAPSTAR" where bname='SAP*' and mandt='###'";

For Oracle:

sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

To find the schema owner:

select OWNER from DBA_TABLES where TABLE_NAME='T000';

Then instead of deleting the SAP* user, you may rename the user.

update <SCHEMA>.USR02 set BNAME='SAP*<SOMETHING>' where BNAME='SAP*' and MANDT=<some client>;

commit; 

Delete from <Schema>.USR02 where MANDT='000' and BNAME='SAP*';
commit;

<Schema> is one of these entries:

if system was originally installed with SAP Basis 4.x or below: SAPR3
if originally installed with SAP Basis 6.x (That is ERP 5): SAP[SID]
If originally installed with SAP Basis 7.x (That is ERP 6): SAPSR3

You then need to change the instance parameter:
'login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0' (Zero) and restart the system. You can then logon to client '000' with User SAP* and password 'PASS'.
IMPORTANT: You must create your user ID in client '000' and Recreate SAP* then change the instance parameter 'login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 1' and restart the system.

If you want to change SAP* in clients other than 000, simply use the same procedure and adapt client number accordingly.

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Gorkan, if you know password of user in another client you can use that trick:

UPDATE PRD.prd.USR02 set BCODE=(select BCODE from PRD.prd.USR02 where BNAME='KNOWUSER' and MANDT='100') where BNAME='DDIC' and MANDT='000'

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

it function now, i looked out the user bcuser with pw: minisap ... i am in on sap system. But now, i get a new problem,  I must use a 90days trial key ... therefore i must register it about the site:

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1kZSZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/minisap/minisap.htm

i do that with the correct data:

First Name,

Last name both from scn sap

E-Mail. Same as here

SDN User-ID *: get it from my account: P19400653XX

System-ID: SAP Netwaeaver (windows, maxdb)

Hardware-key: get it with the transaction code slicense and type it here.

then i send my information. but i dont get a email from sap with my license....i try it several times, but no email comes. WHat is the problem? i wait since more hours.

Thanks for your help again!!

Kind regards...

0 Kudos

This is actually not security related, but we will tollerate it for a while if you are patient.

SAP is not an iPhone App.... 🙂

Once you get started on ABAP you will realize that you need a few years to get really good at it.

So... while waiting I suggest that you read the forum rules (to avoid asking basic ABAP questions). To find the forum rules of engagement, you are kindly invited to make your first attempt to use the search (this is a life skill!!).

sy-subrc = 0 ?

Julius

0 Kudos

yes sure... thats right,more than 10h gone and i don`t get a email You have right, but i come from other programming language (java, php, javascript and so on...) i hope that helps me a little...

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 days gone and i dont get a message with my 90-days license. What is the problem ? someone knows?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont get a email with license... what can i do?