cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different file types within one document info record?

andreas_bonhfer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am new in this topic and want to use the document info record functionality for a special process to store different file types, which belongs to an object within a DIR.

Before I start I want to know, if I should use only ONE (same) file type, e.g. PDF-files within one DIR or if I can use different types (e.g. CAD, PDF, DOC....) within one document info record.

I saw in the customizing of the dir (Define document types) there are some customizing settings, which seems to train on using only one type (e.g. suggestion of an application for opening the documents, CAD-Flag etc.). But technically it seems possible to use different file types within one DIR.

The documents stored within the DIR should be reached/called/opened via webservice

From our process view it is possible to use only one DIR

So my question is, wether you recommend to use different file types within one DIR or not, resp. what are disadvantages, if we use one DIR with different file types.

Thanks for all answers.

Best regards

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

in the standard you can add several different file types in one DIR. Several DMS customer work with several file formats in one DIR and other prefer to have special document types for specific file formats. But this is more or less the personal preference.

Best regards,

Christoph

andreas_bonhfer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph for your reply,

-> Is/are they any criteria, when it is recommended to use the same or different file formats within one DIR?

Thanks and regards

Andreas