cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization Problem with the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to synchronize with the server, i am getting the following error.

Synchronization Log

• Synchronization started

• Connection set up (without proxy) to: http://20.8.26.13:50100/sap/bc/MJC/mi_host?~sysid=01&;

• Connection to server failed.

• Not found 404; The server has not found anything matching the URI given

Plz guide me how to resolve the problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Archit

The same problem was reported a few days back in another thread. Please refer to my replies in thead This should solve your problem.

Just to make life simpler for you, i have compiled my replies and here is the solution. The above error is reported since ABAP Sync service is not configured/activated in the middleware. In order to activate ABAP Sync Service, you have to activate both mi_host and mi_service in the middleware. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Execute transaction SICF in the middleware.

2. Enter MJC in the Service Name text box and click Execute. This will lead you to the path default_host/sap/bc/MJC.

3. Under this, you will find the mi_host and mi_service. Right click the on mi_host, and click on the Activate button. Also right click on mi_service and click on Activate button. This will activate both the services.

Once the three steps is completed, click on Test Service and you will be asked a windows prompt to enter your middleware user name and password for authentication. Once you are authenticated, a text MISYNC along with some XML parse errors will be displayed in your browser. Ignore the XML error and what is important is the text MISYNC being displayed in the browser.

Also there are different Procedures of Logon Dypes for each service. Once you double click on mi_host and go to Logon Data tab and choose the Procedure as Standard. For mi_service, in the same tab you need to choose Required with Logon Data and then provide a service user name(probably MI_SERVICE) and password in this tab. I request you to refer the MI Installation Guide or http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/4f/0fb1421f4ec911e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm for more details on this configuration.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx. i resolved my problem, and i have awarded the corresponding points

Answers (0)