Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log on not possible. No business role assigned.

anuj_kumar3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Recently we have upgraded our CRM system from CRM 7 to CRM 7 EHP 2. After this upgrade we are facing issue where no user is able to login via CRM Web UI and getting the below message:

In the the old environment whenever we create any user we simply assign PFCG roles and then when user logs in; he got the role as shown in below screen shot:

In the old env. (before upgrade) we were not assigning any parameter (CRM_UI_PROFILE) to any users and also were are not maintaining user in CRM Org. structure even then user was able to see the business roles as shown in above screen shot.

Below are the things which i have tried;

• When i am assigning Parameter CRM_UI_PROFILE with parameter value as name of business role then user is able to see only 1 role because only 1 parameter can be assigned.
  • When i am assigning Parameter CRM_UI_PROFILE with value as * then all CRM Business roles are being displayed on Web UI log-in screen (which is not my requirement).
  • I have also tried to assign the user in CRM Org. structure but this is also not working.

Based on the ST01 trace I have added S_USER_GRP with 03 activity in the CRM role and this has resolved the issue.

But now my question is why it is working in old env (before update) without S_USER_GRP object and without any Parameter and why it is not working after upgrade.

I have searched a lot but could not get any solid answer.

Looking for you guidance.

I have added this in Security category as I was not sure where to put.

Regards,

Anuj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the whole logic for assigning business role is described in OSS note 1817086. It mentions that you need to have S_USER_GRP if you want to assign through ABAP roles. It was probably bug before if that was not necessary.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the whole logic for assigning business role is described in OSS note 1817086. It mentions that you need to have S_USER_GRP if you want to assign through ABAP roles. It was probably bug before if that was not necessary.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Thanks Martin. This is what I was looking for.