cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault Handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to handle the error in post script (dos command), suppose i am moving file from one location another using using post os command through batch file. if there is any error occured, can it be possible to generate alert from XI?

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

i dont think XI can generate an alert for this......because your OS command has generated the error and XI is just okay with getting your OS command invoked via your comm channel.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Message was edited by:

RAJEEV GUPTA

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I hope..

Actually in sender file adapter we have the option that , if file is not founf the error message will be triggered and this will be handled in determination to terminate the process.

<Additional FileN>.optional

YES

The entry is ignored and the message is sent to the Integration Server/PCK without the system finding the additional file.

NO

If the file is not found, then processing is terminated with an error message

If you want to raise an Alert if the msg content is empty then write a UDF , from there you can raise an Alert.

to do see the below link

Triggering XI Alerts from a User Defined Function - /people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

Alerts with variables from the messages payload (XI) - UPDATED - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Try with above , i mean if you have the OS bach file in sender file adapter then , if error occurs ..

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hay Ravi,

i used a central file that all batch programs in the server wrote to and had an XI file adapter that read the "log file" every half an hour and send alerts based in the content but there's got to be a better solution if you only have one OS batch file...

For what it's worth..

Uri Lifshitz.