cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Generation for Missing Files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to generate the alert, if the file is not available in source system. how can achieve in PI?

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get some help while going through this doc , after ahlf way thru this doc you will get alert configure details in PI

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/58c5f542-0801-0010-228b-c27...

Regards

Abhi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

cant do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Actually in sender file adapter we have the option that , if file is not founf the error message will be triggered and this will be handled in determination to terminate the process.

<i><Additional FileN>.optional

YES

The entry is ignored and the message is sent to the Integration Server/PCK without the system finding the additional file.

NO

If the file is not found, then processing is terminated with an error message</i>

If you want to raise an Alert if the msg content is empty then write a UDF , from there you can raise an Alert.

to do see the below link

Triggering XI Alerts from a User Defined Function - /people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

Alerts with variables from the messages payload (XI) - UPDATED - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I want to generate the alert, if the file is not available in source system

You can not generate an alert if there is no file in the source system. File adapter will keep polling till it finds a file in the sopurce system.

Regards,

Jai Shankar