cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOpz - Add java usage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all:

I have installed SRM 7.02 (abap) and Portal 7.3, now I want to add the SRM java usage type into the NW 7.3 where the portal is installed.

Following the guide "Specifics in Installation and Upgrades":

-Both systems are in SPS 8

-Both systems forward the data to SLD

-I have both systems as technical systems into LMDB (TS.png)

-I have defined a product system with both systems (ProductSystem.png)

-Verification check is fine.

When I try to calculate the required files with MOpz the "additionally Installable Java Instances" are grey and I can not check them. (check screen Mopz.png)

My solution manager version is 7.1 SPS 8.

(We also plan to use the same nw 7.3 as a hub and install CRM java, BI java, MDM, XSS and ESS)

Any clue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just in case someone has the same problem.

After a month I was able to install the java usage type, in my case I added the "SRM 7.0 Portal content" manually into de technical system in the LMDB. I ran a new MOpz ticket and it worked.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shriramcse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Create an separate product system for ABAP & Java and run the MOPZ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have problems if I do that, but as a separated product system I don't have the new java usages types available in MOpz.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Odd question, but does your EWA for this system look correct when you receive it?

Also while you can't edit items in SMSY, does your information there look correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, thanks for your reply.
I didn't configure the EWA yet, it is a fresh installation and I want all the components first.

And the information in SMSY looks correct for the abap stack since I was not able to install the java usage type on top the NW 7.3 yet:

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you had past success with having a product instance name equal two different technical systems?

I see you created SXP and have SX1 and PX1 tied to it, within the LMDB.

I have seen items product instances using the same 3 characters as the technical instance, I think the LMDB is allowing this; and SMSY is the issue; based on your screenshot, if you can find SXP then my thought process would probably change.

Can you verify that other MOpz transactions work without issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Billy, thanks again for your reply.

That is because you can not have two different netweaver version in the same product system. In this case the netweaver abap and the netweaver java.