Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Queues from SMQ2 to local drive

agnihotro_sinha2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is it possible to download qRFC Queues from SMQ2 to local drives so that i can measure the size of the contents of the Qs??

Thanks,

Ags

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agnihotro_sinha2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guys,

Even i cud not find any way of doing it via SAP after asking admin or solution guys.

finally i had to do it by debugging

yes right.

i debugged the Queues and then in the debugger, downloaded each table contents in XML format to my system.

This gave me all active header and item level tables. Summed up all the BYTES in the XML files and came up with the size of the Queues ...

Since its an XML download, i guess it will give me the correct sizes of the Queues. Any thoughts on it??

cheers,

ags.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi Sinha,

Perform the below steps :

Open SMQ2--> Systems -->List-->Save--> Local file.

Regards,

agnihotro_sinha2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This only downloads the ALV list which is of no use to me.

I want to download the Queues along with its content to local drive maybe in an XML format.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think such an option is available.

You can check the size of individual messages by going into each queue which may have multiple entries or from the tables(http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Useful+ABAP+tables+in+SAP+XI). I don't think thats feasible.

Ideally these queue are supposed to be empty (not in real sense but you will see the entries only when some message(s) are stuck.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anihotro,

I dont know any mechanism to know the exact size of the messages stuck in the queues. With Hanunmantha suggestion you only download the report list but not he queue itself. You could browse to the messages stuck and to mesure aproximatly but you only will a idea of the XMLs but there are a tables implied as well http://project-support-basis.blogspot.com.es/2013/06/large-number-of-entries-in-trfc-and.html

May be any Solution Manager or SAP Netweaver Administrator expert could help you better.

Regards.