cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Valid Reasons for Rejecting Significant Content!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected Moderators,

May i dare to ask the Moderator as why my posted content has been rejected in the following thread.

http://scn.sap.com/message/14274009#14274009

If standard Call Functions, Programs, Generic Attributes and Interface sharing with an OP is against the rules then its also plagiarism to copy the standard screen snapshots after doing some patchwork on them by borrowing other contributor ideas. It's very disappointing and wondering for me that instead of removing only source code whole post has been rejected which i strongly believe isnt fair at all. Some ideas can be considered as common knowledge and taken for granted by people knowledgeable about the topic but we dont know that upto what extent it can help OP in connecting ideas against his/her query smoothly. Hope i will get the desired answer. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Generally, if your content was rejected you should have receive a note in Communications | SCN or attached to the notification in http://scn.sap.com/actions/notifications (check carefully!). 

If none were received and you didn't break the (e.g. sharing an eMail address), post your reply again on http://scn.sap.com/thread/3405759

Of course, accidents happen and this might be the result of an error.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Reason: Content reported abuse for Plagiarism. Major portion of the code is copied from SAP Help.

Now as i've mentioned in my previous interaction If standard Call Functions, Programs, Enhancements, Attributes sharing in any post is against SCN rules then trust me i can provide alota examples like that in which Source Code and all that stuff has been shared. My only concern is that instead of removing that Code part whole post has been rejected without any intimation. Pre-warning should be there in this case, i want to know as if where i've bypassed the rules at least i didnt copy pasted and did patchwork just shared Standard Call Funtions and Source Code which i think might not be useful for others but definitely can be for the OP. Thankyou for reading the post and bearing the same Stay blessed and have a good day ahead.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of copy/pasting help.sap.com parts you should have guided the user how to find this content himself.

This could be benefitial to him for the whole lifetime, while a kind of spoon feeding may just animate the people to ask basic questions in the hope that others post the solution and relief him from searching

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with you that accidents happen sometimes but I am wondering in SD forum these kind of accidents happen most of the time with us. You might remember my last thread which I opened here. I know you did your best and I appreciate your action on that and it was your positive attitude what you did and replied but I also know what was the story behind that and in this case that accident happened again. We are all here to learn and share our knowledge but when these kind of accidents happen, members like us are demotivated which is not good for us

I tried to open the link which you have mentioned above but it says "Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here." Can you please check it again or may be there is something wrong with my authorization .

Whenever I see any of your post there are always maximum likes on that. You always post something new and logical and I must say you are legend and pioneer on SCN. I always learn something new from your posts. Please keep posting and let beginners like me learn how to post quality content.

Thank$

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It appears that the entire thread, http://scn.sap.com/thread/3405759, has been rejected. This also means that any replies posted to it will no longer be available.  Sorry for any confusion: I thought I had checked it before sharing it (I'm pretty sure I did...but our mods do work all day, everyday).

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had reported the original question as what it was, "requirements dumping", and the SD spaces fortunately enjoy active moderation. Sorry for busting any evidence here

My advice: steer clear of questions that sound like somebody is just dumping their tasks for others to solve without having invested own efforts, this way you can avoid follow-on headaches as discussed here.

Thomas

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas and Jason

Can you guys restore that original link now or is it totally deleted. I hope there should be some kind of mark for deletion there. If its deleted from SCN DB then it is really busting the evidence

Active moderation is really a good approach towards quality content and posting but it should not be that much active that they reject whole thread just because of one post (Which was also not against community rules). Now it is the OP who will suffer in this thread, not me or some other member.

I am thankful to you for your quick and positive responses and I hope active moderation will be with positive attitude.

There is a silent message in my posts that the privileges which moderators have must not be misused.

Thank$

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No. The issue was with the question in the initial thread. Therefore, an abuse report was created the moderators decided to reject the thread.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Discussion moved to SCN Support.

Please refer following know how document, to find relevant Spaces on SCN

- http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-18467

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash