cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Hide a Prompt coming from Bex in Webi Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BOBJ experts,

I have a Report1 in Webi 4.0 built directly on Bex1.

There is a optional Prompt in Bex which is appearing in Webi Report1 Prompt. User wants this to be hidden.

How can I hide it?

Note: I cannot remove the prompt from Bex as other Webi reports are built on this same bex query. This optional filter needs to be removed only in Report1

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you are in the edit query mode, go to the variables settings.

Once in there you will be able to deselect the box for “Set as Prompt” for that particular line. 

If you just do this and try to save it wont work.  

You need to enter data in the mandatory prompts.  We will get rid of these default values when we purge prompts step before saving the query.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was optional prompt i wanted to hide, so it works.

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean to say that in Webi query browser properties you could actually set the BEx optional prompt uncheck?.

Can you post your screen shot and also the OK button if it is highlighted?. I'm really interested to know this.

Thanks,

Jothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your answers.

SPecial Thanks to Prathiban for giving correct solution:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

If you un-check the option "set as prompt" then it will ask for values for prompt.

When you run the query then it will show the static values for mandatory prompt.

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm on BO4.0 SP4 and Parthiban option not seems to be working for me both in web or client tool?.

Not sure how did you get it work. what is your version?.

Thanks,

Jothi

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

it will only work for optional prompts, so not really a solution.

if you would like to hide the prompt, then you need to remove it from the source

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

It did not work for me. I learnt that when Bex is the source, you wont be able to set the prompts in webI and wanted to understand how Deepthi got it worked.

Thanks,

Jothi

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as mentioned - it will only work for optional BEx variables if you leave the value empty.

for mandatory prompts you will have to fill a value

Ingo

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Yes, I got your point and I know that if you leave optional prompt with out any values the reports runs wide open. That's how we can logically say "Hide the prompt".

Just wanted to understand Parthiban and Deepthi solution, in my case "OK" button is disabled after unchecking the prompt.

Thanks,

Jothi

jyothirmayee_s
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If Bex is the data source then you wouldn't be able to check the option.

as Ingo suggested, Pls update BEx query accordingly.

Thanks,

Jothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly disable the below option and try:

Set Variables->Set as prompt

1. Click Set Variables

2. Uncheck Set as Prompt

Thanks,

Parthiban

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi guys,

the "hide" will only work if the BEx variable is optional and then the report will return all values.

if you do not want the report to leverage a prompt, then you should remove the BEx variable from the underlying BEx query.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort

gunesbt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unfortunately you have to copy the bex and remove the variable then change the datasource as the copied bex in report1 in my opinion.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepthi,

your data source has a prompt, so your report won't hide it.

if you don't want to use a prompt then you would have to change the underlying data source.

regards

Ingo Hilgefort