Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sharing the same transport directory

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have the 3 server DEV, QAS and PRD. The DEV is my domain controller and now I want to joint the PRD and QAS that was already there. I did it using the docs from the sap-portal and but there is something strange, when I open the SAINT and load the packages it shows me that it´s loading from the local directory instead of loading it from the DEV EPS\IN can some one help me identify my mistake?

Please find the attachments for more details.

Best regards,

Nelson Chamba\

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

I already told you the solution.

All the RFC can connect without problem

Did you do a connection test or an authorisation test for the RFC's ?

Did you do the test for all the RFC's from the DC and also from the other systems ?

The TMSADM RFC's are present in all the systems in the TMS. So you need to make sure that the password maintained for the TMSADM user in the RFC's are correct.

The users exists on all systems but not on the TDC that is the SDV system.

Did you create this user on the DC system ?

First reset the TMSADM user

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/ee/aea91b6d9e11d2b41a006094b9ea64/content.htm

Change password for TMSADM user

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/e7/c5066e05034f4a9cbcf9c84b513b7b/frameset.htm

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SL/Changing+the+TMSADM+password

Regards

RB

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check DIR_TRANS directory in three systems.

DIR_TRANS directory should be domain controller system.

//dev server/sapmnt/trans - fi development is domain controller.

• Switch to the <DIR_EPS_ROOT> directory of your SAP system (usually /usr/sap/trans/EPS). The <DIR_EPS_ROOT> directory is also displayed under DIR_EPS_ROOT after you execute the RSPFPAR report.

Thanks & Regards,

V Srinivasan

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear V,

Sorry I couldn´t follow you, can you be more simple (step-by-step)

regards,

NC\

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson

1.  You can check those enters in t code AL11 in all the system in your landscape and In the Domain Controller you can check the 'TRANSDIR'

2. All the system configuration status are not updated in the right way(its not show green ),kindly follow the links to do the reconfiguration TMS in Domain controller

http://bbs.cenet.org.cn/UploadImages/200581112435749207.pdf

http://www.saptraininghub.com/how-to-configure-tms/

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/44/b4a8197acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Thanks

Sriram

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram,

1. all the TRANSDIR are correct, except the SLM system. check the screenshot.

2. regarding the links I'll rather do it again because everything I do it takes me to the screenshot I posted on the Benjamin tips, and from there I can´t do nothing.

regards,

NC\

Former Member
Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson

1. Logon client 000 on DEV system.

2. T code STMS, Select 'Overview' click the 'Systems' in Tab ' conf ' some of the systems are not configured right way (showing green status), those system are select and the delete(System name PRD,SLM & SQA) for the reference I have attached the screen shot

3. now its will show only DEV system. Kindly follow the steps 3 from the link

http://www.saptraininghub.com/how-to-configure-tms/

once your configuration are completed SAP system status should be green kindly refer the below screen shot

Thanks

Sriram

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I did what you suggested but the system did not desapeared from the PRD and SQA STMS, just from the TDC (DEV), When I tried to delete them fro there it refuses or the option delete is not there. How can o delete everything and start from scratch?

Best regards,

NC\

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson

Just execute the T-code STMS, and then call a T-code DICO refer the below screen shot

Thanks

Sriram

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nelson

It is quite easy if you follow the below suggestion I have given you rather than re-configuring the TMS from scratch.

All you need to do is fix the fix the RFC with the password problem.

You basically need to reset the TMSADM user on the DC and regenerate the RFC's.

You can follow the wiki link to update the TMSADM password on all the systems from the DC.

Regards

RB

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you

Private_Member_12188
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You could always use a symbolic link pointing to the shared trans directory on your QAS and PRD servers. 

For Windows you would do the following in the command prompt (assuming your installation drive is D):

MKLINK /d "D:\usr\sap\trans" "\\sapdev\sapmnt\trans"

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

MKLINK /d "D:\usr\sap\trans" "\\sapdev\sapmnt\trans"

This will only work if the central transport directory (I believe it is \\sapdev\sapmnt\trans) is accessible from the other servers.

Regards

RB

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes this is the case and the trans dir is accessible from other servers.

But first í would like to complete the previous idea.

Regards

NC\

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Like Graham said check whether the transport directory is shared and accessible from other servers.

Secondly check the transport group of all the systems.

Regards

RB

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Benjamin,

The directory now are shared with the permission according with the Graham recommendations and all the servers can access the folder without problem.

Best regards,

Nelson Chamba\

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

The error what you see is due to the password error.

Check whether the TMSADM user on all systems on client 000 whether they are locked.

I suggest you to recreate the TMS configuration and activate it from the DC.

Also check these SAP notes.

Note 1414256 - Changing TMSADM password is too complex

Note 761637 - Logon restrictions prevent TMSADM logon

Regards

RB

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Benjamin,

I checked the TMSADM user on all systems they exist and are not locked just strange thing on SDV they is not there, is it correct?

Best regards,

Nelson Chamba\

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

I checked the TMSADM user on all systems they exist and are not locked just strange thing on SDV they is not there, is it correct?

The TMSADM user should be present on all the systems in the landscape on client 000.

Try to regenerate the RFC from the DC

Secondly from the screenshot provided by you I see that the configuration is not updated for the systems in the TMS. Check the "Conf" field at the right side.

You need to adjust the TMS configuration with the DC.

So connect to the systems and use "Adjust with Controller".

Regards

RB

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Benjamin,

all the actions o do it takes me to the user log screen and shows me the following screen. I use the credentials that I logged on with on all the systems and it refuses, on the SDV I have the client 100 where all the customizations have been made and it´s taking me there I change the client to 000 and logon and it refuses.

What can be wronghere.

Regards,

NC\

NC\

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nelson

The possible reasons why the TMS prompts for password are:

1 - The password for the TMSADM user in the TMSADM RFC's are not correct.

2 - The password maintained for the TMSADM user in the TMSADM RFC's are not according to the password policies implemented on the system.

Check whether the RFC TMSADM@SDV.DOMAIN_SDV is present and the user maintained is TMSADM.

Then check whether the user TMSADM is present on client 000

If not create TMSADM user as user type SYSTEM and maintain the password in the RFC.

Additionally perform an authorisation check for the TMSADM RFC's from Tx SM59.

Regards

RB

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

The users exists on all systems but not on the TDC that is the SDV system.

All the RFC can connect without problem, check the screenshot. But when I want to update the configurations via stms it takes me to logon screen and there by default brings the client 100 and it fails. I change this client to 000 and use my account nchamba and type my password and it fails. I tried the user TMSADM and his password and still. Which user should be used here.

It´s driving me crazy now, please help.

Regards,

NC\

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

check the another parameter.

DIR_EPS_ROOT

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi dear all,

I have more images to try to elucidate my situation.

Best regards,

Nelson Chamba\

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

Can you check the sharing on the sapmnt\trans directory.  It should be shared with the correct groups:

SAP_LocalAdmin

SAP_SAP_GlobalAdmin

as per your installation guide.

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In your TMS System Overview I see that all systems belong to a different group (GROUP_PRD, GROUP_SDV, …).

This is not correct, you can find the explanation here.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/c4/6045377b52253de10000009b38f889/content.htm

All SAP Systems that access a common transport directory should have the same group in the TMS configuration.

You should not only check if the transport directory is shared between all systems, but you should also check your TMS configuration with the above remarks.

Regards.

Wim

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Correct the transport group.

Regards

RB

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi dear Slate,

Thank you for the help, it the SAP_SAP_GlobalAdmin was not there and now are corrected. Do I have to insert all the other SAP_(SID_Names) that I have like PRD, SLM, SQA?

Best regards,

Nelson Chamba\

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Win,

Thank you for the link, i foolowed it and change the group of all the system to be the same as SDV, check the screenshot.

But now i´m facing one problem, with the connections, it alwas asking me to insert a username and password after that it fails and now it has blocked the because of too many attempts.

My questions is, which users should i use to to this connections, is not my users the one created and gave full permitions to do everything?

This is the error:

#####

RFC communications error with system/destination TMSADM@SDV.DOMAIN_SDV
Message no. XT101

Diagnosis
An RFC error occurred in the TMS communications layer.

Target system: SQA.DOMAIN_SDV(000)
  Function: TMS_CI_CHECK_ACCESSTOKEN
  RFC message: Password logon no longer possible - too many faile

System Response
The function terminates.

Procedure
Correct the error and execute the command again.

####

Best regards.

NC\