cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB views on MDM 7.1 SP10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I wanted to know on how to create DB views.We have installed MDM 7.1 SP10 and I heard that DB views are the integral part of this package.

I have also installed MDM Clix on the same system.

Please let me know on how to continue form here.I found in documents that we need to edit Generaetviews.cmd file.But I am not able to find this file atall.Please let me know on the same

Regards

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

Generation of MDM DB-Views in SP10 is done via a simple CLIX command, no need to use any other files:

RepViewsGenerate <ServerName> <RepositoryName>;<DB_Name>;<DB_Type_Letter>;<DB_UserName>;<DB_Password> <Repository_UserName>:<Repository_Password> *

For example my repository name is MyRepository, it is mounted on an MS SQL server called MYMSSQL, MDS is installed the server MYSERVER so I’ve used the following syntax:

RepViewsGenerate MYSERVER MyRepository;MYMSSQL;S;sa;pass Admin:adminpass *

You can find more information on the MDM DB-Views in the SP10 Console reference guide section on MDM DB-Views.

HTH,

Tal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tal,

Thanks for your reply.Actually i am totally new to this DB views.I checke in reference guide on the commands used in creating DB views.

I wanted to know where we type this command.I also checked that we should edit Generateview.cmd file.I am not able to locate this file after installing SP10

Please need your inputs

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

The command is typed in the CLIX command line interface.

You should be looking in the SP10 MDM Console reference guide, in the section "Generating and Deleting MDM DB views" (page 362).

The way to generate the views is as I explained above, it is also explained in the SP10 MDM Console reference guide on page 393.

Can you please tell me where you read about editing a Generateview.cmd file?

Thanks,

Tal.