cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same Customer for Domestic and Exports Sale

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I want to know some information on controlling the pricing based on document type.

Background: Let us assume that we have different kind of Sale Orders Like ZIOR for standard, ZIRE for Exports, ZIEZ for SEZ and ZIDE for Deemed exports.  And, the tax conditions used to change based on the Order type.  Like even if in the Customer master we maintain 2% CST ( Domestic sales), and if we use document type ZIRE,ZIEZ or ZIDE then tax would become nil.  

My Issue: I have created a customer with  code 300000076 who is normally used for domestic sales with 2% CST tax conditions. Some times this customer will also export the material hence i use same code but different order type(document type). But now the tax conditions are not getting changed and i have to manually change every time  such order comes.

How do i control this problem?

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Please use the subject effectively

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prince,

As Raj K. previously asked you that are you keeping the same sales Area for Domestic as well as Export sales ???

If not then you can use distribution channel easily for the TAX records access sequence.

Please clear it first.

Regards

AG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Sales area is same for Domestic as well as export sales.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But now the tax conditions are not getting changed and i have to manually change every time  such order comes

First of all, tax is exempted in case of export sales and I am unable to undertand your comments.  Please let me know whether

• you want to avoid the tax for export or
  • different tax structure should be followed for exports. 

If it is first one, then system will take care, provided as I said already, Ship To country should be different.  If it is second one, then, the process what you follow is wrong.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Am looking for an option where immaterial of the tax condition i have maintained for a customer in the customer master data, my system should pick the tax value based on my document type.

1) Customer name: 9845098450

2) Tax field maintenance in CMR: jcst-2% and jvit-12%

Now if am using a document type ZIOR then system should pick jcst as 2%, and if i use document type ZIDE then it should use jcst as 2%.

so is it possible to give tax value based on document type?

Sir correct me if am going wrong......

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so is it possible to give tax value based on document type?

No it is not possible.  You have try go with Billing User Exit instead of Sale Order User Exit.  Hence, try with USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP (Module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZC where you can validate tax based on document type.  But again I can say, it is NOT a Best Practice.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Define your sales org as Domestic,Exports – 1000,2000 respectively

1. Include a new Tax classification (SPRO àSales & distribution à Basic Function à Taxes à Define Tax relevancy of Master records) for relevant condition type (JCST & JVIT for your case) in SPRO as your business requirement, Our SAP standard is 0 – Exempt & 1 – Taxable add new as 2 – Taxable Export, 3 – without C-form (If needed)

Maintain customer’s sale area for both domestic & exports

Now in customer domestic sale area data maintain Tax classification as 1(Taxable) & customer Exports sale area data maintain Tax classification as 2(Taxable –Exports)

Maintain the material Tax classification as 1(Taxable)

Now for JCST condition type maintain the key combination from Field catalogue as

Sales Document type/ Country/ Region of delivering plant/ customer Region/ TaxClass1-Cust/ Tax classification material.

Maintain condition records as above.

Repeat the same activity for JVIT also and raise the sales order.

Hope this will address your requirement.

oiver_beie
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

I would NOT recommend to control the tax determination by order types. Tax determination is also performed during invoicing, here you have an invoice document type but not a sales order type. And think of other document types you might use, for i.e. consignment deals or return orders.

SAP in standard distinguishes between domestic and export tax determination based on document data, i.e. by comparing the delivering and the receiving country. You have this information in the pricing structure KOMK.

For instance, have a look a pricing requirement routine 7:

Best regards,

Oliver

Message was edited by: Oliver Beie

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, see SAP Note 872449 - Tax determination in Sales and Distribution, question 2.b (access sequence in basic settings for customizing). Here explains how to populate data in conditions master data to achieve your requirement.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sure, the Ship To would be different in both the cases.  Test a scenario and update here what issue you face to give a suitable suggestion.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have maintained same customer for all partner functions. Ship to, sold to, bill to and payer are same.

My question is how can i control the functionality of giving different tax conditions based on Document type?

Ex: The tax for this customer i have maintained as JCST-2%, JIVP-12.5%. Now if am using document type ZIRE then it should pick the tax as 2% and for the same customer if am using document type ZIDE then it should pick up 12.5%.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only way that i could think is that have different distribution channels - One for Domestic and One for Exports. Now maintain the customer master accordingly.

Please let me know for any further clarifications.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.