cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 SP13: NWBC not running

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I am facing issues with GRC 10 in NWBC transaction where I am getting the below error message when I run transaction NWBC:

I have checked that all the relevant services below from transaction SICF – Maintain ICF Service are activated the below service nodes/sub nodes:

default_host-> sap -> public
default_host-> sap -> bc
default_host-> sap -> grc

but still getting this message.

Any help or guidance will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks & Regards,

Ronnie.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronnie,

Please refer to the thread-http://scn.sap.com/thread/3401397.Looks like you are facing the issue

similar to the one reported there.

Best Regards,

Nandita

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronnie,

Additionally,Please review and apply these notes for your issue.  Please note that

note 1108563 states for PC but it is applying for NWBC and GRC system

Regards,

Nandita

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for nwbc,service is seperate.. apart from that u mentioned check for nwbc service and activate

after installing GRC 10 AC component, user is experiencing error starting NWBC and may experience one of the following errors:

1. Invalid HTTP Configuration
2. HTTP Configuration/service not defined
3. NWBC transaction code returns blank screen
4. NWBC transaction code returns some service node errors.

Cause:

The above mentioned errors/issues occurs due to incorrect configuration. Ensure to complete all the below discussed configurations:

Solution:

# 1 – Activate all the relevant service nodes

From SICF – Maintain ICF Service Transaction code, ensure to activate the below service nodes/sub nodes:

default_host-> sap -> public
default_host-> sap -> bc
default_host-> sap -> grc

Ensure to activate all the below sub nodes too (this will have the NWBC node too).

# 2 – Ensure to add atleast one HTTP & SMTP service

To verify the existing ICM services, one can go to SMICM – ICM Monitor transaction code. The services are available from Goto -> Services.

icm_server

Incase if there are no services listed, create atleast one HTTP and SMTP service using the Service -> Create option.

Also, ensure that both the services are Active.

# 3 – Add the below ICM & MS parameters:

The below parameters (considering that the system has only one HTTP and SMTP service) are required to be added in the instance profile (via transaction code RZ10).

• icm/server_port_0
  • ms/server_port_0
  • ms/server_port_1
  • icm/server_port_1

To know the parameter options, refer the parameter default value in RZ11. Ensure to restart the server once the parameters are added.

# 4 Update hosts file in end user PCs

The hosts file should have the GRC server entry. Ensure that it is updated, since the NWBC URL should not have any IP addresses directly.