cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proxy to file scenario sap pi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Quick question related to proxy to file scenario. We have an existing interface creates the csv file from ABAP program and pushes the data to a third party software which will be replaced by PI.

Our requirement is that the entire csv data will be contained in 1 field inside the proxy structure and that has to be SFTPed to a target receiver as a csv file. We are using advantco adapter for doing a secure FTP transmission. The question that I have is can we have just 1 field with all the data inside it (including the line feeds etc..) and same structure will be on target side and achieve the content conversion on the target side to output a csv file?

Any thoughts/ ideas ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>The question that I have is can we have just 1 field with all the data inside it (including the line feeds etc..) and same structure will be on target side and achieve the content conversion on the target side to output a csv file?

to put it simple - yes you can - content conversion will work just fine in this case,

BTW

I got this Q from Venkat too so hope you can share with him the answer,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael, just to take an example. I have a fixedlengthflat file coming as one simple string under element <Data> from proxy. Now on the receiver side I have one <Data> field which I have to do content conversion and send to target file server. How do I do content conversion in this case ? On the receiver datatype I don't have separate structures for Header, Detail and Footer. Without developing the structure that way, how will the file adapter know what's the header record and whats the footer record ?

Ravali.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravali,

You need to create a custom Data Type and its corresponding Message Type at Target side to achieve Content Conversion. You can use Java Mapping to extract the field values from Source string. You can find a sample code in the below thread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3269146

Regards,

Nabendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know we need to create a custom datatype on the targert side. So assuming we have the entire file content in one string, how do we do the content conversion for complex structures such as

Header, Detail and Footer in the receiver file adapter.

Or should we totally avoid content conversion in this case ?

Answers (0)