cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy of Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to learn how to create mandatory fields check on webdynpro view. I have materials and test enviroment to do it.
I would like to copy transaction with webdynpro (I have selected Outgoing Payments, transaction F-07, program SAPMF05A) and work with it. I think it is better approach, than wotk with source code directly.

But how to copy this transaction?  I have tried it, but when I copied program, system told me, that it is not possible to execute it, because it is M type program, not report. When I tried to copy transaction in se80, I have an error on filling new Transaction text, system will not let me continue...(without any error). 

Can you advice me, please, how do it?

Regards,
Dimitrij

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitrij,

Are you referring to Mandatory field check in Dynpro (Dialog Programming) instead of Web Dynpro? If this is the case, this post should be posted under ABAP Development (http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/content)

Anyway, if you want to learn on Dialog Programming, I suggest not looking into Standard Programs now, most of the times they are complicated. Instead, you may want to use tCode BIBS (Screen Style Guide) to see how the desired Dialog UI Elements look like, then use tCode ABAPDOCU to learn on the coding of those elements. E.g. In tCode ABAPDOCU, under ABAP User Dialog > Screens > Processing Screen > Input Checks... may be what you need.

Hope it helps. Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hguen,
thank you very much for your suggestion! It is really helpful!

Regards,
Dimitrij

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was about to say the same thing.....sound like the OP means "dialog program" and not "WebDynpro".....big difference in customization  approaches. haha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

m_aravindan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitrij,

The Standard Transactions are Created using module pool program, and it has its own screen design layouts.

Since the Program is of type 'M' , you have to create a transaction to execute it. you cant directly execute using f8.

Best Regards

Aravindan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravidan,
That means, that the best way is to copy program and then create transaction for this copied progra

Thank you,
Dimitrij

m_aravindan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitrij,

As per my knowledge its not advisable to copy a standard transaction and its program .

Instead u can create a custom module pool program or  webdynpro screen as like standard transaction and you can use Standard BAPI to create or to update the database tables.

Best Regards

Aravindan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

you can check if user has provided any value or not to those field(s) in WDDOBEFORACTION  and raise suitable messages.

Rgds