cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Components and Proxys in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am new in the area of PI (though I have been working with middleware systems before) and I have some questions, I hope that you can help me with them.

1) In business components I can enter service interfaces which we expect the business component to send or receive. Am I correct that for synchronous service interfaces I only have to make one entry in the sender tab?

Are the service interfaces which I enter under the business component runtime relevant at all or are they just used for allowing F4 help in the other configuration dialogues? Will my scenarios work even if I don't assign the sender/receiver interfaces to a business component?

2) I don't quite understand when to use PROXY communication and when to use RFC communication. Is there any difference in case of sync, async scenarios?I am struggling a bit understanding the concept of the Program ID and connection in general.

3) I saw that the PROXY setup can be based on a SOAP call as well, what are the differences and the necessary setup steps?

I will stop here with my questions as I see it is getting a bit much. Would be great if you could help me out on the one or other area. 🙂

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>1) In business components I can enter service interfaces which we expect the business component to send or receive. Am I correct that for synchronous service interfaces I only have to make one entry in the sender tab?

for sync outbound (to PI) yes - for sync inbound (from PI) you enter that on the other tab

>>>2) I don't quite understand when to use PROXY communication and when to use RFC communication. Is there any difference in case of sync, async scenarios?I am struggling a bit understanding the concept of the Program ID and connection in general.

use proxy - RFC can/should only be used for sync scanarios when there is no logging required

>>>3) I saw that the PROXY setup can be based on a SOAP call as well, what are the differences and the necessary setup steps?

Please have a look at blogs on SDN for: connecting business system to PI - there's plenty of them depending on the version of your PI

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will my scenarios work even if I don't assign the sender/receiver interfaces to a business component?

yes. it will work. but while creating receiver agreement,sender agreement,etc..you have to enter the interface name manually.

Regards,

Muniyappan.