Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Template from Document Type

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Friends,

We can create document from Templates in standard SPA DMS. This we can configure in DC30 for various applications. We can assign Multiple Template to a application ( Say a Word application).

SO when we create a original in CV01N/CV02N Transaction for word application by clicking Icon "Create Original"and then click icon "Create with template". We can then select template from the option specified.

But my requirement is when user create the document for first time in CV01N, a template should automatically get created based on document type and Classification values.

The reson they dont want to select manualy because the use may select wrong temaplet from list of template or may have to delete original and again create original from template.

I hope my question is elaborated properly. So do we have any BADI or can we achive this behaviour by any developement.

Appreciate your guidance and suggestions. Thanks.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Mangesh,

Did you have a look at the badi DOCUMENT_FILES01~BEFORE_LIST_TEMPLATES?

The document and its classification is not passed as parameter but may be you can get it by another way.

May be you can also avoid development  by changing your way of working :

-You can create a DIR for each document template with classification and original.

- Then the user will create the new document from a template in CV01N.

The template can be found by classification, or I dont know how may templates you have to manage but you can also name the DIR for the templates with an easy to remember name so the user can directly set it and easyly create a pre-fill document.

Regards

Nathalie

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nathalie,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes you are right. I can create the seperate DIR for each Document template.

But then the list of DIR's would increase it to 100's and its not a feasible option. As each Document Type has various template associated with it (Around 10 templates for each DIR).

When I select the "Create from template " option I see list of template. So user may choose wrong template. To reduce error we need to decide template based on characteristics values. Its a very good requirement and users point of view I feel its correct to restrict user to select template and make errors.

Thats correct. But there are other products which has this fucntionality as standard. So when user select the option "Create from Template" at least it should show the user template relevant to Characteristics values.

Any thoughts on this.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI All,

I thisnk SAP DMS Product Design team should include this requirement in their design. The reason I am saying is that SAP has included lot of fucntionalities which I have raised as OSS notes and were also were requirements raised in this forum. for SAP Archive Link. Various questions and requirements raised  in forums and OSS notes will help to strenghthen the SAP DMS product.

Is there any feedback facility for SAP DMS area as it has started to Enterprise Information Management. PLease check Link.

http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-information-management/blog/2013/07/18/were-listening-please...

Just a Suggestion.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

markus_deuter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

One possibility might be to create a new transaction ZCV01N:

- user can choose by F4 a pool of template documents (with already stored originals)

- then do a copy by using OCUMENT_GETDETAIL2 to read the document and BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2 to write it. Keep in mind that you have to transfer the originals, too. During this you can set claffification data, too. Perhaps the transfer to local workdir could last a bit if the documents are big size.

In my company I developed a transaction ZDOKCOPY, which allows you to transfer a template document structure (e.g. 100 documents) to a new structure. The user does classification and object linking to hunderets of documents in one single step. The originals will be transfered as described. In this way our master data mgt. creates a document structure on each new projet in an very early step first. Then the following departments task is to change, checkin and release. That's it ...

Pls rate if this was helpful.

Regards,

Markus

markus_deuter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is there any feedback facility for SAP DMS area as it has started to Enterprise Information Management.

To influence the DMS you can take part on CC

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/community/influence/cc/sap_document_management_system_(dms)

Have a look to

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/ideas/15356

Perhaps you can give input to this topics. Don't forget to subscribe for this.

With five subscribes to your idea SAP considers to realize the idea .. if the requirement is not to large

Regards,

Markus

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guys Any help

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mangesh,

I think it is not possible to achieve your requirement sap provides more than one template for same application but it is not related with classification.

If you maintained source document also we cannot get the document automatically instead of that create document in cv01n by giving the template in the initial screen itself then it will automatically pick the documents.

Regards,

Harsha.

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I know I cannot do that, Thats why I am trying to get some help on this.

Thanks for your Help. Please check my reply to Nathalie and suggest me best way to achive it.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande