Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Missing from SXMB_MONI

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PI Experts,

August 12, 2013. I search for a message at the SXMB_MONI. The message was sent at August 2, 2013. I saw the message was there in the sxm_moni. I am certain that it is the message that I look for because I've looked at the payload. But I didn't save the message id

August 13, 2013. I try to search for the same message again by setting the time period and interface name in SXMB_MONI. But I could not find the message I was looking for while I'm certain it was there yesterday.

So, I try to look if there's any archive/delete job that was run and yes I found there was a job to archive and delete messages on August 12, 2013 at 8pm. But what is the logic of PI archiving and deleting jobs? Does it deletes/archives the successful messages based on date? Because actually there are only some successful messages that is missing on a certain date. I don't know the pattern.

Could this be because of the delete/archive job? Is there anything I can do to recover the message? I want to track the IDoc number of the message created at ECC side via IDX5, since I didn't get the message ID I need to find it again in SXMB_MONI but it was gone there.

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check Tcode: SXMB_ADM -> Integration engine configuration -> Change configuration :

You should have a line there under DELETION category called: Persist duration with subparameter SYNC / ASYNC

There you have the amount of time in days that a message is saved.

About the IDOC - try to look for it via payload by using Tcode WE09 in your ECC system.

regards,

Imanuel Rahamim.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for the replies. They are helpful.

What is the DROP_MAX_TABLE_LOAD logic? If the load of the table is above the current value then there will be a switch table and the table is dropped, but which record will be affected? will it be random?

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is just another way of maintenance.

you use this method when you have a lot of messages to delete - and as you said it will move the messages that shouldn't be deleted to the switch table and drop the current one.

Still - the Persist duration is the parameter that decides whether or not the message should be deleted when the maintenance job is run.

please go to

SXMB_ADM -> Integration engine configuration -> configure delete procedure

and see if the checkbox there is checked.

if it is not - then you are not even using this procedure (even though you have the parameter in the integration engine configuration)

you can also read more there about this delete procedure.

just remember that if you don't have a lot of messages - this method is less recommended.

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, the checkbox is checked at the Configure Delete Procedure.

There's no PERSIST_DURATION parameter under DELETION category. Only DROP_MAP_TABLE_LOAD.

There are some other parameters such as DAYS_TO_KEEP_DATA under the PERF category.

If the message was not in the SXMB_MONI anymore, is there any other place I can try to look for the message?

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case - the default is for the ASYNC to be deleted after a day.

The procedure for deleting in the switch table mode is this:

1) you run the RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES program (there should be a standard job named: SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_<CLNT> running it)

this will mark the messages for deletion. check the frequency of that job.

2) you run the RSXMB_TABLE_SWITCH program (again - look for a job that is running it)

if the table got to the DROP_MAX_TABLE_LOAD - all the messages that were NOT marked for deletion will be transferred to the switch table - and the original table will be dropped.

If the message you are looking for is deleted - I'm afraid you cannot find it in the SXMB_MONI anymore - or in the tables - as that data was deleted.

try and look for the IDOC in the ECC system via Tcode WE09 based on the payload.

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

actually in the SXMB_ADM > Define Interfaces for Archiving and Retentioon Periods.

There's a button 'Retenstion Periods'.  There we can see the

XML Messages Without Errors Awaiting Deletion, which is by default is set to 1 Day.

If I change this configuration to 5 days. Does that means when the SAP_BC_XMB_DELETE_<CLNT> job runs, it will only delete XML messages that are older than 5 days?

Is it advisable to configure this directly in production? Would this configuration affect anything/performance of the production server?

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SXMB_ADM set one week and the service interface for source and target message and check that,i assume that a filter was bad defined.

Also check IDX5 in PI to monitor IDocs

Best Regards

Rodrigo