cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formating SO10 in Adobe with SmartStyle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to format a SO10 text that I am printing in my Adobe Output, I simply tried with the font styles like Bold and Underline but it did not worked.

While Sailing thru SDN, I got this URL,,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2070722

Which asks to use SmartStyle for formatting the SO10 in Adobe output.

Well, just wanted to confirm is there any other way to accomplish this task ?

In fact I found it irrelevant to use SmartStyle with Adobe.

Thanking You All.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

To get the text in Standard Text (Formatted with Bold, Underline etc) as it is in Adobe layout, then you have to use SmartStyles.

It is a good procedure to include the style name in the context of the 'TEXT'.

Regards,

Raghu Nandan Taduri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for the help.

I tried the solution provided by you, but its not working.....!!!!!!

Any idea...??

Thanking You All.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank for the help.

I worked, infact the problem was,

I should have made,

1. Object-> Field-> Field Format = Rich Text

and

2. Object-> Binding -> Data Format = XHTML

I can just say, SDN Rocks....!!!!!!

Thanking You All.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Even thou I have successfully printed the format text using SmartStyle, but now I am facing the problem of Indentation with my Text.

Earlier, with using SmartStyle the SO10 Text was indented properly by System, but after using the SmartStyle, it is not showing proper indentation.

Any idea ?

Thanking You All.

navip
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

The other way is to place the content statically in the Layout and you can apply the styles from

Pallets---> paragraph.

-Naveen

Message was edited by: NAVEEN PATHIPAKA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for the help...!!!!!!!!

But how can I apply different formats to the same SO10 Text, as per the method suggested by you...!!!!!

Thanking You All.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Maybe you can tell us what kind of formatting you are trying to do in Adobe form using the text in Std text(SO10); and we can suggest and tell possible solution.

Normally in adobe form, i will use Font & paragraph palettes to do formatting only; and content of the text get from std text.

Thanks.

regards,

Xiang Li

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xiangli,

Thanks for the help.....!!!!!!

I have a SO10, some thing like this,

TEST SO10 Text for SDN Helpers.

SDN Community is great.

Here I just need to display "SDN Helpers" in bold,

other text will be in there default format.

Thanking You All.

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

I created a document regarding your issue.  Please go through below document.   Hope this helps.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-45325

Thanks,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Can you please try to use <h>SDN Helpers</h> or <b>SDN Helpers</b>?

regards,

Xiang Li

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

You can use character formatting in SO10 for underline/bold/italic. You need to be in text editor mode to do it.

If your SO10 to load msword as default, open text editor using Goto > Change Editor

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/d2/cb3d07455611d189710000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

regards,

Xiang Li

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Instead of maintaining text in 'SO10'.  Maintain text in 'SMARTTEXT' in 'SMARTFORMS' tcode.  There you could maintain all custom styles you needed and while defining texts, you could use 'Copy Style from Text Module'.  this would be more convinient option.

Thanks,

Rakesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

In the layout design the textfield for which you have done the binding, in the properties tab "Cell" you can see one parameter as Field Format: having the options "Plain Text only" and "Rich Text".

If you choose "Rich Text" then whatever the format(Bold, underline) you have provided in SO10 text will display on the output.

If you choose "Plain Text only then whatever the format you provided at layout level that will display on the output and it will not consider the SO10 text formatting.

So once try with "Rich Text".

Regards,

Satish