cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

official document numbering for Peru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello seniors

is there anybody who can give me some information on official document numbering for deliveries and invoices for Peruvian company code as i have searched a lot and reviewed all documents but can not find the end solid results for this problem, i really appreciate if someone helps me on this topic.

i configured form types, document classes, maintained lots and books but for deliveries i have no idea to which FI document type i should assign form type.

please help me as i am already far behind in configuration and business is looking for a solution.

regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

Raj i have checked all the documents and you are right that this config is not country specific but in my research going through a lot of documents i have not seen any document for being use regarding business place they all says about configuring form type,doc class then assign doc class to doc type now this doc type is one i am talking about that its coming from FI side and in my scenario if i am working on deliveries which doc type i should use for deliveries,other day sir G.Lakshmi said that there is an entrt WL,for goods issue and deliveries but still wehen i maintain entries in IDCP which is tcode for user to maintain record for ranges system says no documents were found for this selection criteria.

no idea what to do.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Could you please check below link .This link is having all details regarding this .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_rc10/helpdata/en/55/4fb237fec48c67e10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Format Checks

1. When you post a document manually, the system can automatically check the format of the official document number. To define which document types you want the checks to cover, in Customizing for Financial Accounting (FI), choose Financial Accounting Global Settings ® Document ® Document Header ® Check Assignment of Document Class to Document Type.
  2. hi Navendra you sent me a document to check and if you go through my post can you please tell me for above mention configuration which document should i assign to my delivery.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Please refer this document for your understanding:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44209

Also please note that for the Official Document numbering Configuration - dont get mislead by seeing the Country specific Nodes in SPRO - Irrespective of the Country node you are in - Please define the necessary settings as per your requirement.

Also please let me know for any further information.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj thanks for your time and inputs the config you sent me about business places we do not have in for Peru country,the requirement here is that govt wants to keep the records for all deliveries and invoiced and other billing documents,they give the company pre printed forms with sequential numbers and system has to take care of those numbers,the config here is that we have cross appl>general appl functions>cross application document numbering>chile,peru

i have maintained everything in there but when assigning  document classes to document types i have no idea which document type i should use.

in peru country specific version does not require business places to be setup.

please tell me if you have any suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

You are welcome Sam.

Let me understand your requirement clearly. What is the exact requirement, please elaborate.

The document type that we maintain is the Accounting Document Type. This depends on the scenario in which you are working on.  For example: In a norma sales invoice scenario the standard Accounting document type is "R1".

Please note for the official document numbering - Business Place is the functionality that SAP has to offer us as standard.

Though all the config settings are not available under one Country node in SPRO, still you can get in to other country nodes and maintain the confuig settings specific to your country Peru.

Please let me know for any further clarification.

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please go through the following note which explains your requirement

• Note 408769 - Peru, Chile: new settings for official document numbering

But still, I am not sure why SAP is recommending to maintain for Taiwan in the above note

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sir,

i really appreciate your time.sir the requirement here is that its government specific to print deliveries on pre printed forms given by government with their given numbers i did some config but like we discussed and you mentioned  tcode OMBA ican see WL but when i go to its details it has own assigned range,i have studied the note number you sent sir please help or refer me to somebody if you know who can help.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam Shiz,

Please, use to do the configuration for the country Peru, the path:
    > SPRO-> Cross Application components -> General Application
      Functions -> Cross-Application Document Numbering-> Chile, China,
      Peru -> Assign Document Classes to Document Types or you can use
      the transaction SM30, table V_T003_B_I.

2) No, you don´t have any impact for the outher countries that are
using the same document type.

3) The program do a check by country and company code. You don´t have
any impact for both countries. You can use different document class for
the same document type, because this customizing is via country code.

For more information, please, check the our website
"http://help.sap.com/" and search by country "PERU".
   If you´ve more questions, please let us know.

Please check the following link for the official numbering Peru side effect:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw/helpdata/de/30/46ba377da70b4fe10000009b38f842/content.htm

There are two transactions to void ODN of documents. You can use IDVD or

IDDH as well

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon

thanks for your time but assigning document class for delivery i do not know to which document type in FI side i should assign as you can see i can assign it for invoices, debits credits etc but for delivery official number i have not seen any document any where, you said let me know if you need help so can you please guide me through this path please.

Sam

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I just tried some OSS notes, there are umpteen OSS notes available for Peru legal changes. Please refer to OSS notes in servicemarket place.

You can for example consider these OSS notes

1530088 This is very import for numbering

1554035 This is also important

You have lot of OSS notes. You can give search criteria as Peru, legal change and filter the OSS notes based on the category "Legal change". You have whatever you are looking for available there.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For deliveries you can't control this through IMG. For delivery number ranges you need to do customization in number range user exit. Please check below link for better understanding.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/300752

The IMG settings which you have mentioned is only for VF01 not for VL01N as you know there is no link of accounting document type and delivery document type but there is link of billing document type and accounting document type.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as you know there is no link of accounting document type and delivery document type

Yes there is a link between Delivery and a Material Document.  Normally for PGId document, we call it as Material Document and not accounting document.   If you execute OMBA and select  "Automatic Movements Document Type"   you can see for certain TCodes, SAP have listed out automatic document types which includes VL01N with WL.

For this WL, in OMBT, you maintain inventory (FI) number range.  But coming to the query, I am not sure, how the statutory authorities are demanding.  In general, we assign delivery number range in VN01 the object of which would be assigned to delivery type in OVLK.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

Thank you giving me this new information. The OP is asking for country specific settings which we do in Cross application components > General application functions > Cross application document numbering  > Chili, Peru. I don't think so we can maintain number ranges for delivery document here. Will you please check this and give your remarks as it will also be a new learning for OP and me as well.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam

you are right,sir Lakshmi can you please advise how to achieve this functionality for delivery documents,Navaneetha i have checked the reference notes and used the search but could not find any output,please help me with this as i am going to be in real trouble now.

thanks for giving me your valuable time.

Regards

Sam

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MoazzaM

I just wanted to clarify to your statement (no link between Delivery and FI document) and hence, explained that there is a link between material document and delivery.  Coming to Peru, yes I checked the IMG path you had indicated but I am not sure on that as I could not see any tab as "Number Range".

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

Thank you for this assistance. I was actually talking about FI accounting document which is created at the time of billing document in VF01. We assign document type of accounting document in VOFA in field TVFK-BLART. I was saying that there is no link of this document type with delivery order but may be I didnt explain well due to which this misunderstanding took place. At the time of delivery we create Delivery number and system creates material document number automatically which is actually an accounting document and OMBA was a new learning for me and thank you for sharing this.

Yes you are right that there is no number range node in that path and thats why I am now anxious to know about PERU number range

Thank$