cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Display Hierarchical Equipment Structure?

Abhijit74
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I have a requirement of displaying the hierarchical structure in adobe form. The display should come like transaction IH03 with first 4 option checked (i.e. Location Hierarchy, Equipment Hierarchy, Expand Constrctn , BOM Explosion.

The problem is if I have the idea of exact no of below sub level equipment then probably it can be done by using table but here for a superior equipment  there might a several sub level equipment and also for a sub level equipment there are several sub equipment and so on.

So, how this can be manageable in SAP adobe form?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Abhijit Mandal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

I am not sure how to create custom tree component in adobe form.

Just a suggestion, you can use label to show the different level of depth of your BOM.

Example.

1. XXX

1.1. XXXX

1.1.1 XXX

1.1.2 XXX

1.2.1 XXX

2. XXX

Of course you can use different formatting to differentiate their level too, example your first level will be always in bold 1.XXX and you can add indention to it too.

The idea is to use nested table structure. But first thing you need to find out is, how depth you want to display the BOM item, as you need to define the table upfront and layout design upfront.

One good example I can rememebr of is HAP_PDF_OFFLINE_FORM SAP standard form, main table is T_COL_CELL, and it it displaying different elements(checkbox, dropdown, textfield) based on the type.

The idea is, replace those checkbox dropdown textfield as level 2 level 3 level 4 and etc, and give them different left margin for indention purposes.

You might want to understand how subform as table row works.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/AdobeForms/Table/page1.htm

Hope this helps.

regards,

Xiang Li