cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No self services available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I implemented with the guide "Identity Management for SAP System Landscapes - Configuration Guide" a connection from my 7.2 (SP8) to a Ecc 60 system. Our customizer get the in the UME of my Java server the action idm_authenticated and in IdM MX_PRIV:WD:TAB_TODO.

When the customier login in the UI, he see the tab Self Service, but no task. In the Idm under Provisioning Framework -> Core -> Web Enabled Task-> Identity I see two Self-Services with the right Acess control.

Could someone give me a advice?

Best regards,

Hans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hans,

is the IdM system here running Oracle database and have you upgraded from a lower SP  or installed SP8 directly ? There is possibly a known issue around this topic.

Thanks,

Chris

(SAP Support)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. I have the same enty like your image Billy

2. Yes, I came from SP7 and I use a oracle db. Do you have a sap note to me?

Best regards,

Hans

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You just triggered something in my memory banks, the Java stack has a default setting for cache for IDM; when did you enable this feature?

A quick solution might be to restart the java stack and log back into the web page as that should invalidate your cache.

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hans,

investigation is currently ongoing so no correction is confirmed. Please open a ticket on Service Marketplace and we can check.

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

See SAP Note 1898064. This is scheduled to be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Regards,

Rannveig Østevik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

1. We don't use the IDM cache.

2. My Basis people made all activity (we would check it)

3. The Patch SP8.1 (from note 1898064) is installed.

So, my colleague will open a call by SAP.

Thanks

Hans

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hans,

Please check again the Cache is a required parameter in the NetWeaver IDM setup. But it sounds like an OSS note is the correct way to go.

Matt

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hans - see Rannveigs post. Correction already being put in place .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rannveig ,

Is this Patch already released ? As part of SAP note mentioned we are not able to find Patch Updates . We are running on IDM 7.2 SP8 with DB2 back end.

Thanks ,

Jerry George

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

the fix is currently being worked on by IdM development.

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jerry,

The SAP Note 1869947 shows an overview of the corrections for each patch, also those that are planned. No known release date yet, though.

Regards,

Rannveig Østevik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hans,

Also have your BASIS people check the NetWeaver Administrator settings for IDM.  There is a specific setting that affects self service.

Look in the Configuring the JMX layer section of the SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Identity Center Installing and configuring the Identity Management User Interface document.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I add some images for understanding to this note.

Best regards,

Hans

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  1. Is the Identity folder "Active"? I think by default it is, but just want to rule that out.
  2. Under the Access control tab for "Change Own Data (Self-Service), what are your values?