cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface mappings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some help.I am using XI as a middleware between two SAP systems.

So there is an outbound interface to the first system and an inbound interface to

the second system and there is an interface mapping defined between these two

systems(Which has been assigned a message mapping).

Now I need to connect to the same system but for different purpose.In that case,

I need to have a seperate message mapping and interface mapping.

I have some doubts here.

1)Should I need to create another outbound interface and use with same inbound or

2)Should I need to create both or

3)Nothing to be created or

And where should we give the condition that at this particular time this particular

interface mapping has to be called from the first system to the second system

Could anyone help me in solving this issue?

Regards,

Rohini.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

<i>1)Should I need to create another outbound interface and use with same inbound or</i>

If the purposr is defferent ,then definetly you will need diffrent structure right, then you have to create new interface.

if structure is same you can USE the existing one.

<i>2)Should I need to create both or</i>

Its Again depends upon whether you need differ sturucture,if not you need not to

create.

<i>3)Nothing to be created or

And where should we give the condition that at this ....</i>

If you have requirement for same structure of IR, you can reuse same interface.

Only change is again you need to create a NEW Scenarion in ID ,mentioning that which is the sender interface and receiver interface. here you can reuse IR interfaces which are already existed.

Sender Agreement,Receiver Areement

Interface Determination and receiver determination defines conditions.that which interface should sent to which system..

Regards,

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

see you will have to see the structures of source and target.............whichever is having same struc, use its msg interface.....if struc is different, then create new msg interfaces for it......if either source or target is changing in struc, then new msg mapping for them..

moreover for one source and one target struc - you can have only one msg mapping for them in XI............

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohini,

have some doubts here.

1)Should I need to create another outbound interface and use with same inbound or

2)Should I need to create both or

3)Nothing to be created or

>> if your are sending system is sedning the different message then and inbound message is same then your outbound message is to be different.

>> if both are different then both should different.

And where should we give the condition that at this particular time this particular

interface mapping has to be called from the first system to the second system

>>use the condition editor in interface mapping to define ur condition

Regards

Sreeram.g.reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It is depends on the structures of your SAP systems.If both of your structures are same you can use the same interfaces of Source and Target again.Otherwise You will have to create again ie message mapping and Interface Mapping.

Regards,