cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bind the internal table of one view (of one web dynpro component) with the node of other view of other web dynpro component ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new to web dynpro and stuck into one scenario, please go through it.

Suppose I have two web dynpro component, WD1(having view V1, button Bt1) and WD2 (having view V2). Now I have certain records related to materials in the form of alv of view V1 . Now I select some of the materials (row selection) and click on the button Bt1, then some other information (lets say, plant) specific to the selected materials , should display in the form of alv in view V2 of component WD2.

I know the logic to call the component WD2 by clicking the button Bt1, but I am not getting how to bind the required data with the node (Nd2, which is not visible in the V1) of V2 . I'd be thankful, if anyone can help me in this regard.

Thank You.

Regards,

Shivam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

To do this, you'll want to implement a component usage, which you may have done already. In the component controller of WD1, define your context node as needed and check the "Interface Node" checkbox in the node's properties. This makes the node part of the component's public interface. If you then create WD1 as a component usage in WD2, in the Context tab of WD2 you will be able to see the interface node of WD1 and drag-and-drop the node from the WD1 context to map it to the WD2 context.

Cheers,
Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Amy,

It's a working now. Thanks a ton for your help 

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184958
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the node as Interface, then using component usage you can bind the value to that node.

Regards,

John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Create a  Interface Node in  in Component A, implement a component usage in B. and now you can access Node of A into B.

for more..

https://www.google.co.in/#fp=699195f1bcac1587&q=interface+nodes+in+webdynpro&spell=1

BR

Chandra..